1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Lorien, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    This is the thread where you can post up pictures of the other knives you've picked up that you really like.
    Just for the fun of it:)

2. donscpoo

donscpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2013
    gusbuster and Polynikes01 like this.
  3. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    I don't have any other fixed blades of note anymore. Couple BRKTs when I need/want a convex etc.

I still have to have a folder, here is my current rotation minus one. Till Nathan makes a folder or I can get a Bingalore in hand to see if it's worth the scratch. Lorien why don't you send one over for me to try! :D

[​IMG]

4. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Dang T! Great taste in small blades right there man ^

6. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    My 3 other main knives, the rest of my collection is mainly Ka-Bar Becker knives as they are my current favorite production maker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gusbuster likes this.
  7. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Why thank you, sir. I'm pretty fond of those ones.

8. coiledwire

coiledwire Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Something attracts me to tight tolerances in manufacturing and excellent design. Hmmm...

[​IMG]

gusbuster likes this.
  9. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Well I have one of Gravelle's F6 knives in 3v with OD micarta handles. Really like that one. A fighter from Mr. Bradshaw in W2. An RMJ shrike is my main tomahawk. A couple Busses.TGLB and an BG AK47. Umm about 20 various folders. CRK, Benchmade, Emerson, Spyderco.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]4

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  10. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    this is pretty much my favourite 'knife'- The North Sword, made by Dan Keffeler to my spec;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pretty damn sharp
    [​IMG]

gusbuster, TommyGun56 and MikeKu825 like this.
  11. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    She is very nice Lorien, I watched all the Youtube videos. Grats on that one.

12. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Seriously? I don't think there's enough bandwidth........ ;)

Here are a few I had out....2 Mirabile's and 3 Branson's. :)
    [​IMG]

gusbuster and Mike157 like this.
  13. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I checked out your new knife when I was at Stuart's last weekend. I'll just say, he's outdone himself. The sheath itself is amazingly cool.

14. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    As you know, he made a wooden pattern to make a sheath when he replenished his leather supply. :)

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hardly wait to get that Bowie......to go with my others. I need to get a family picture, I have many from him and want many more. :cool:

15. betzner

betzner Home To Morro Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    One piece here and there, this one being on the entirely opposite pole of knives, made 20 years ago, way before steampunk. Jose produced some of the Highlander I and Highlander lll movie pieces (the custom originals, including Dark Magic, carried by Mario Peeples):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    gusbuster likes this.
  16. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    love that knife, Bob!
    by a crafty Canadian

17. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    Lorien,

I knew you would and posted it for that very reason first. Actually, you may have seen more of my pieces than just about anyone.

18. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    Lorien, I didn't intend to post more than one knife at a time but this one demanded to be with the other de Braga, made long, long ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Mike157 likes this.
  19. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I started my little knife addiction with Busse, and I've accumulated quite a few of them over the last few years. NMFBM is probably my overall favorite, it's large and pretty much indestructible, which for the most part sums up the brand. Busse does actually have some great small knives too. Lately I have really got into folders, I started with a Medford Praetorian Ti and a Sebenza 25 CF, and then went a bit crazy from there getting knives from Alan Davis, a full custom Chaves Redencion and a couple of his midtechs, David Clark, Todd Begg, Matt Diskin, Sharp By Design. My favorite folder is my Dalibor Draco integral; it's an over-built but carries very well and is of phenomenal quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    Bob, that piece is outstanding! Nothing but props to your taste in knives, man :)