Best avocado tools?

Hi all,

I'm currently doing research on the best tools to dissect an avocado or any other way to enjoy them. What do you all recommend for a useful gadget or tool? And do you think it's worth it for its price?

Best,

Hugo

I'll second the smaller knife suggestion. Cut the Avocado in half, hit the pit with the heel of the blade, twist and remove the pit. Then just slice as you want and use a spoon if needed to scoop it out.

I use a Gyuto to cut and pit the avocado. For dicing up I actually use a butter knife as I can cut into chunks and also not penetrate the skin and if I'm making guac then I just use my thumbs to scrape the flesh into a bowl. If I'm doing slices then I'll pit the avocado and then peel with a pairing knife and then slice with my Guyto.

A simple tablespoon removes the flesh from the skin.
I just use whatever main knife is handy to cut around the seed. Hit it with the heel then twist to remove seed. Just watch the path of the knife, supposedly people have been cleaving themselves.

I have a thin soup spoon I use to scoop out the goods. Of course this is after halving, removing the pit and slicing.
Anybody have anything to say about avocado tools. Like the ones "seen on tv"šŸ˜

I agree with above. Cut into quarters and then just use your thumbs to peel off the skin. I you want chunks then I cut in half, pull out the pit, and then use a butter knife to score the chunks followed by a large spoon to dig everything out.

I make an equatorial cut with a chef knife, then twist the two halves apart. Then I poke the pit with the point of the knife so it pierces by a couple millimeters, and lever it against the flesh, so it pops out and drops into the waste bin. Then I spoon out and (om) nom (nom) the nummy nums.

Literally just use any knife to slice the avocado in half around the pit, then use a spoon to scoop everything out!

I think a good thin knife is better than any tool or as Alton Brown would say a Uni-tasker. I generally use my 240mm laser gyuto for ether thin slices or diced.

Did a quick search and this is similar to what I do.

Back