Best balisong for a beginner?

Hey all, just discovered the forums. I want to start learning some balisong tricks, but I need some advice on a good one for the beginner?
Any one have any recomendations for me? Also where to get them, must be avaliable to the UK.

Thanks

Jaguars also make good beginner balis. they are about 1/4 to 1/5 the price of a Benchmade bali. But then again a Benchmade will last you much longer and has much more quality, and you have to re-pin Jags every so often :(. If you have the $, get a Benchmade. If you're too cheap to buy a good bali (like me....), get a Jag.

However, Benchmades are the best choice in the Balisong world.:)

oh yea, welcome. i'm pretty new too. i've been popping up here and there for a little while....

Benchmade all the way. For the price you can't beat it, and quality is top notch. If your new to a Balisong, you'll be hooked very soon! Oh yeah, Welcome dude:) .

As a general rule, for beginning any new hobby involving any sort of implement (in this case a Balisong), get the best equipment you can afford. You can pick up a new Benchmade for just over $100 currently, so that would certainly be the way to go if it works for your budget.

Have fun, and welcome to the Forums!!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Thanks all. Im gonna have a look round now, I think Ill go with the a Jag, Ill post a reply later saying what Im going for and why. At the mo I have a few balisongs that I picked up for about £2 in Greece, but there all out of line (by a lot), I can only do two basic moves with them though, and would prefere start fresh with something I know is what I need.

Ok, I have decided to go with either a Jaguar Balisong Silver, or a Jaguar Classic Balisong Black with the serated part on the blade. I like the look of the classic black better, but it hasnt got the holes on the handels, where as the regular one does, but doesnt have the nice blade. I know I should get the regular one as Im a beginer and with the classic it would give a worse cut than the regular. So if any one has any recomendations for me from these too I would realy appreciate it, as Im placing my order around this time tomorrow :D.

Thanks all

Go with the Jag with the holes, it will last the longest. In the end the handles will crack same place as BEAR MGC's handles (I got the handle to prove it) but it will take the silver with holes the longest to break. The serrations do cut you worse than just plain edge, you could just cut a bunch of stuff (cardboard etc) to take the edge down a bit. But soon you will realize that you want a BM Bali-Song and you will be frantically posting around trying to get funds for one ;)

Good luck with your balis. :)

Well, you've already got the right answers, so I'd just be repeating information, kind of like I was just repeating information. ;)

Welcome to the forums Burnah! Have fun flippin' and keep the questions coming.

Back