Best Balisongs under $100?

Hi all,

I used to have an OK balisong a looonnnnggg time ago, and I'm ready to get one again. I could be crazy and get a Tachyon, but I'm not that committed yet. What are good quality balisong in the $100 range? I am looking for something that won't mind to much being droped on the floor... :D So resilient material is what I need....

Thanks,

JD

That's the bottom line......... You can find a LNIB or one slightly used for around $100 and with the ti handles, it will take a beating. Take reasonable care of it, use it like a knife, and it will last you a loooooong time. EDITED TO SAY:"Welcome to the forums!" Sorry that I missed it was your first post........

As Dawkind says, a Benchmade new or used can be had for $100 plus or minus a little, and is well worth the slightly higher cost. It also comes with a guarantee from Benchmade. Check the exchange for like new or used. There is also a new model BM 31 coming out in about a month or so, for around the same price. You can see it on the BM site.

Dawkind is exactly right. New BMs are streeting in the $110-$120 range without looking to hard. Skip the movie this week and splurge the extra ten or twenty dollars on a BM. You will be much, much happier.

Right now, I'm sorry to say that there really isn't much between the $10-$30 cheapies and the $110-$120 BM. Jaguar is in there for about $35ish. But it's 1/10th the knife for 1/3 the price.

I'll retract my original offer and side with the used BM's.

My original thought was to twofold. 1) Low cash outlay if you wind up deciding against it (which I doubt as you are asking a very biased group); and a really beautiful follow-up solution for a kick ass bali if you are bitten hard. Mer's handles are a perfect solution to the weak Jagaur handles that will eventually braek. Great user blades though.

Back