Best budget machete

I've got a Condor golok. It's okay for woody stuff. It's too heavy, imo. I have a bunch of thin machetes that are very useful. I'd need to have a pretty specific reason to take the golok anywhere.

I've got a Condor golok. It's okay for woody stuff. It's too heavy, imo. I have a bunch of thin machetes that are very useful. I'd need to have a pretty specific reason to take the golok anywhere.

They do okay when reground, but they take a lot of grinding. I think it'd be a better performer with less weight in the handle. A hidden tapered tang design (as is traditional) would do it.

I took all the paint off my Boomslang and blued it because paint has more friction. Then I thinned out the edge considerably to get more penetration. However as Fmont noted--for most applications the thin blades get the nod. The bolo is a nice design to get more weight into the blade and moving it forward into the strike zone without thickening the blade.

Why as a status symbol ?
A machete is a cheap sharp tool you ride hard and put up wet with a quick spray of Wd40, not some fancy expensive custom knife.
Buying an expensive custom machete is like buying a custom putty knife or expensive custom dog poop scooper.

I'm buying this Purdy putty knife to go with my custom Purdy shotgun. I'll have it engraved and inlaid with gold and platinum, maybe put a few diamonds in the handle.

PUR14A900025.jpg

Isn't it Purdy? Damascus. £130,320 or $167,000.

Most-expensive-gun-in-the-world-Purdey-over-and-under.jpg

Back