Best Bushcraft Knife For $90-$110

I am looking for opinions on the best bushcraft knife options for $90-$110. I am looking for a knife with a good quality steel, i have heard 1095 or 1075 is a good option.

Edit: I would preferably want a knife with a Scandi grind, and a thick blade.

comis

Gold Member
Mora bushcraft survival black with carbon steel--3mm stock, plenty strong for what it is, perfectly balance and comfortable grip to use for long hours.

TOP Fieldcraft BOB--really thick blade 3/16, it's pretty thick stock and unnecessarily heavy for a knife this size, but the scandi grind and geometry works great on wood.

Last edited:

Owen K.

Gold Member
Mora garberg, Benchmade puuko or tops BOB Those would be my picks. Currently I only have the BOB though.

Mora bushcraft survival black with carbon steel--3mm stock, plenty strong for what it is, perfectly balance and comfortable grip to use for long hours.

TOP Fieldcraft BOB--really thick blade 3/16, for a knife this size, it's pretty thick stock and unnecessarily heavy for a knife this size, but the scandi grind and geometry works great on wood.

Will take a look.

I agree, probably Morakniv Garber carbon or Benchmade 200 Puuko. Id want to spend the extra $20 for a longer Benchmade Leuku though.

AntDog

Gold Member
Good suggestions here so far.

I’d look on the exchange here for a lightly used Blind Horse Bushcrafter.

Lodd

Gold Member
I don't like the TOPS BOB, it's way too thick.

I do like the Benchmade Puukko, though. If that's in your pricerange, you should definitely give it a go!

Also take a look a Brisa (formerly Enzo) knives. I'm not sure what the prices are doing at your location, but they're pretty decent over here (Netherlands).

Henry Beige

Gold Member
Lots of good suggestions. Since I already have the jaakaripuukko, I probably would not e tempted to buy anything else.

cbach8tw

Gold Member
I feel you can find them, the old RAT 3 in 1095 or the ESEE 3 or 4. ESEE has a great warranty but they may cost more than your budget. +1 on the LT Wright Bushcrafter HC.

R.c.s

Gold Member
res-3725c.jpg
The bushcrafter 111 from real steel in D2 with scandi grind . Definitely worth a look at :)

I would recommend the mora garberg...but my came completely dull...couldn't cut myself with it while pushing my fingers on the edge and sawing back and forth....terrible QC. sent it back.

look for something from lt wright maybe.

Fixall

Gold Member
Platinum Member
The Morakniv Garberg (I like the carbon version, but the stainless uses great steel too) is the best all around bushcrafting/field knife I've come across at that price point if you're looking specifically for a Scandi grind.

zuluninja

boricua grinder
Condor Bushlore, can get either the finished knife with walnut scales and leather sheath for around $50ish, or you can get the blank for even less and do your own handle. Around 1/8" thick stock 1075, more than plenty for any use while still being able to cut stuff, and a wicked sharp scandi grind.

Lee D

Basic Member
10 years ago, when I spent more time in the woods, I had various knives that would be considered “bushcraft” knives by many. Blade lengths from 3” up to 8”...maybe I missed it, but are you looking for a particular size?

Mick Boardman

Gold Member
I have the Tops BOB, while it is hefty, I think that is a plus. Decent weight aides in chopping and cutting. I also have a three very light weight and sharp Mora. If you must travel light, get a Mora. Weight not an issue, get the 1095 BOB. It comes extremely sharp and the leather sheath is nice too. 68007FC7-E422-43B6-9290-934F9B966A9E.jpeg

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC