Best Day Ever.....Lost Knife Found

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Garth Reckner, Oct 14, 2020.

1. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Ba-dum-tsshh!!

Well played Sir, well played!!! :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ironwagon likes this.
  2. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Glad you found it Brother.

3. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    Garth congrats on your reunion. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you found it either. Blends in pretty good. The condition is amazing for being submerged for so long. I guess is was fate that you found it again.

4. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Loosing a beloved blade is like loosing a friend. Finding it again must have been a huge joy! Congrats;)

5. Big Ol’ Hauger

Big Ol’ Hauger Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Glad you two are reunited. I’m still on the lookout for all the throwing knives and ninja stars I lost in mom’s hedge 30-some years ago.

6. theToad

theToad

Apr 16, 2013
    I lost a knife once, Garth. A cheap but unique sami knife that arctic rangers would get issued at the garrison I was in. Had it all through my service, had the edge redone completely twice because the bad carbon steel would be completely ruined after a week scrubbing moss from stones and harvesting wood.
    Dropped it on a trip with my brother and still think about it to this day, close to 15 years later.

I'm glad you found yours! If you ever lose it again contact me and I'll send you my Rat Trap. It's unused, just sitting here.

lmcq784 and ironwagon like this.
  7. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I can relate. Glad you found it

8. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    It's a sign! Everything is going to be OK. Also, if anyone in Lakewood/SW Denver finds a Spyderco Jot Singh Khalsa without a pocket clip on the ground, I dropped it 6 or 7 years ago.

9. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I care......I care immensely.

I have lost a few over the years.

Usually they pop up.

Worst one was a "lost" J. Oeser custom slipjoint.

Took a week to find.

Currently I'm looking for a blue handled Spyderco Delica I put some where "Safe" before leaving to the beach on vacation.

I did not want to grit up the action with beach sand, so I too other knives...

Been looking for that safe location for about 3 years now....one thing is sure....it is NOT in the actual safes. I checked both.

10. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Thanks Guys. Just having it back in my pocket makes everything feel like it’s going to be ok.
    Garth