Best EDC for under $50

I doubt that your dad would be impressed by a tactical folder. A sowbelly works a lot of times for more advanced aged people.

My Pops is not into knives. but he's always carried a SAK... I got my Bro a Mini Grip, and Pops pocketed that Mini Grip (555HG) for a few hours... then commented to me that it is a niiiiiiiiiiiice knife! ..commented about the great action.. I'd say you'd make a convert outta him with a Mini Grip.. but like others have mentioned, I ain't never met a man who diddnt LOVE a sodbuster! I've given a few asay, and they have ALL been prized. price vs. satisfaction can't be beat with a soddie!

Last edited:
A delica 4 can be had for $50. That is definitely the best buy in that range. Make sure it is CE or SE.

Why is that? I used to buy combo edge knives only, but my latest Enduras are both PE and I absolutely love them.

The last two d4 PE I bought I had a rough time getting a nice edge on. I always figured it was because of the thick grind the d4/e4 came with. With a CE or at least SE there is less maintenance?

The Benchmade Griptilians and the Spyderco Endura/Delicas can sometimes be found in the for sale area for around or under $50. Other options:

Spyderco Native[/QUOTE

add a Kabar Dozier folding Hunter with AUS 8.

Otherwise my thoughts exactly.:thumbup:

I'd say get him a nice case slipjoint, there are plenty of styles for under $50.

I doubt that your dad would be impressed by a tactical folder. A sowbelly works a lot of times for more advanced aged people.

My dad never carried a knife, only a leatherman multi tool. I gave him a Griptilian for his birthday years ago and he loves it.

.. Or a Spyderco Tenacious for ~$30 at pretty much any store on the web. Really solid liner lock with G-10 handle and the Chinese equivalent of AUS-8 (8Cr13MoV).. I have been rotating it in with my griptilian and I'm definitely satisfied, considering the price.

I've been doing exactly that. I really like the Tenacious. For $30 it's hard to beat.

Is this a belt knife or folder?

If you want a cheap but good fixed knife look no further than a Mora in red birch.

Folding, well CASE offers a lot in cv or stainless, check their Slimline Trapper (single blade) or Stockman (3 blades) all within your price range and well made&useful too.All the above look excellent and use well too!

Pick what you like, but I'd avoid The Blade Shop like the plague. Here's 6 pages of reasons to steer clear of them. Seems getting it right is an accident, not the norm.

They did make a mistake on my order - they sent me the ti model $54 knife instead of the $24 knife - I'm sending it back to them and they will be sending me a black model.

I did find a new store with great prices.
http://yourcornerstore.com/index.ph...88_911&zenid=314bc5b3bee8c44258a0abea641ed8ff
But I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

How about a fixed blade necker or a small patch knife?

Check out blindhorse knvies - they have a nice patch knfie with wood scales for $40.00 or the tiger knapp knife for $20. Both are awesome little blades for the price.

spyderco native, hands down. lost mine and had to replace it, been carrying it for about 2 years. awesome blade for the price. the ergenomics are awesome, the knife fits perfectly in the hand, provides great control. the steel is great, it's hard to find another knife for $40 with this quality of steel, thats really what makes the deal for me.

They did make a mistake on my order - they sent me the ti model $54 knife instead of the $24 knife - I'm sending it back to them and they will be sending me a black model.

That is the honorable thing to do! Congrats on having good character! :thumbup::thumbup:

Back