Best Flipper for a Woman?

Read Sal's response to Deacon's answer:

"Deacon's description is pretty accurate. I think that "one size does not fit all" so I tried to fill most of the market with two sizes."

Endura was made for men.
Delica wad made for women.

Ahh i must have ate too much

Flippers can be troublesome if you wear your nails long. I keep my right hand nails a little long (for guitar picking) and depending on the flipper it’s not always a great experience. The length some women wear their nails to is completely unworkable for a flipper.

Flippers can be troublesome if you wear your nails long. I keep my right hand nails a little long (for guitar picking) and depending on the flipper it’s not always a great experience. The length some women wear their nails to is completely unworkable for a flipper.

Hmm... good point

He was looking for a slip joint to take on vacation. Naturally, I recommended a ZT.

No, I think you’re confusing it with the Isham Blackstar.

6171E25D-0686-4CCF-8636-F32D8BFDF35C.jpeg

While I have no experience with the Blackstar, people seem to like it. I’m not sure it’s gender specific enough for your needs, however.

No, I think you’re confusing it with the Isham Blackstar.

View attachment 1046563

While I have no experience with it, people seem to like it. I’m not sure it’s gender specific enough for your needs, however.

No confusion. The ZT 0900 and the Blackstar should be handled in the same way, however. Just like any other slipjoint.

You broke my heart when you said the Delica was designed for women. THAT'S why it's just a bit too cramped...

How about a Kershaw Chill, and a coupon for 5 free sharpenings? Save yourself a few sheckles.

...unless you're really trying to impress this woman, in which case you should go for something colorful and with a good blade steel.

Last edited:
You broke my heart when you said the Delica was designed for women. THAT'S why it's just a bit too cramped...

How about a Kershaw Chill, and a coupon for 5 free sharpenings? Save yourself a free sheckles.

...unless you're really trying to impress this woman, in which case you should go for something colorful and with a good blade steel.[/QUOTE

Awesome advice

I am going to buy a flipper for female colleague, but need some recommendations on which one would be best.

I was thinking about getting her a Spyderco Mantra because it's about the same size as a Delica. Since the Delica was ergonomically designed for women, I figured this would be the best option.

Any others I should consider?
What kind of female colleague is this. Do you want to impress? Or just a decent one.

How about a Kershaw Chill, and a coupon for 5 free sharpenings? Save yourself a free sheckles.

...unless you're really trying to impress this woman, in which case you should go for something colorful and with a good blade steel.

Great advice

Did you hava a certain price point? Is she in to a certain style. Personally i do like the mantra and just never pulled the trigger.

No confusion. The ZT 0900 and the Blackstar should be handled in the same way, however. Just like any other slipjoint.
You keep making this "joke" that ZTs are slip-joints, because you don't trust their frame locks. Maybe you should get your terminology right. Slip-joint knives have back-springs that apply pressure to keep the knife in the open and closed position. I know! Call them "friction folders" that's even funnier!

You keep making this "joke" that ZTs are slip-joints, because you don't trust their frame locks. Maybe you should get your terminology right. Slip-joint knives have back-springs that apply pressure to keep the knife in the open and closed position. I know! Call them "friction folders" that's even funnier!

Good point. Friction folders they are.

Good point. Friction folders they are.
If you're gonna troll, troll accurately.

If you're not absolutely set on a flipper, the Spyderco Chaparral is a great small knife. If the Delica is made for a woman, than the Chaparral must be, too. I've got one in carbon fiber; the basic black goes with any outfit. :thumbsup:

If you're gonna troll, troll accurately.

If you're not absolutely set on a flipper, the Spyderco Chaparral is a great small knife. If the Delica is made for a woman, than the Chaparral must be, too. I've got one in carbon fiber; the basic black goes with any outfit. :thumbsup:

Solid advice. Thanks.

Give the Benchmade Saibu 486 Knife a look. It’s compact and it looks more like a piece of art than a weapon.

Kizer Vanguard Duke's v3466A Cucchiara flipper is light; very smooth flip with nice bearings, easy to use and carry. Available in black or red/black textured G10 handles.
She will like it. Nice design and build, and hard to put down.

My wife enjoys carrying her customized ZT0561. She also continues to enjoy having all her fingers.

Maybe you haven’t quite captured the knack of opening a framelock; rotate the blade outward until you hear a distinct metallic “click”. That should fix your problems with lock failure.

The Isham Bladeworks knife mentioned earlier can be opened with a front flipper technique and will proved the full slip-joint experience you seem to seek.

Back