1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Best for batoning?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by einsteinjon, Sep 20, 2020.

1. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    My DTBM is my favorite so far. I like how the talons stick out just far enough to keep me from mashing my knuckles at the bottom of a stubborn split.
    2017-11-20 11.54.18.jpg

HwangJino, Currawong and lmcq784 like this.
  3. einsteinjon

einsteinjon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks for the input clampdaddy!

Not sure when I'll get the chance to go out and use her, but I have a MOAB arriving Wednesday or Thursday this week. :D Wonder how she'll baton!

4. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    I've only baton'ed with 2 busse; a TG and NMFBM. Both were very easy, but the thicker and heavier blade (0.3) on the NMFBM takes the cake.

[​IMG]

5. bmg580

bmg580 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Anything with at least 8in blade lengFBMLE followed by NMFSH for me

6. bmg580

bmg580 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Whoops.... meant 8 in blade length my favorites are FBMLE, NMFSH, and HOGFSH

7. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I had an FBMLE, fat Ash1, KZII, Basic 11, SarQ, SS, BAD, and a .22 GW LE. Only knife I can't remember batonning with were the BAD's.

All worked fine, though, the KZII was a little less effective due to the combination of blade shape, thickness behind the edge, and the drop in the spine toward the tip. Still worked, but not as effective as some of the others.

B11 was nice for batoning due to the shock isolation the handle provided, but you also needed ro take care not to hit the handle and damage it.

Here is a small green piece I batonned with my SS. I batonned it width wise, cross grain, before batonining the halves length wise with the grain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020