Best Knife Stores in San Francisco?

AEM

I will be in that great city in June and again in July, and would appreciate suggestions for good knife stores. Downtown would be best since I won't have much time to explore. Thanks.

The SF Gun Exchange on 2nd st. just south of Market is very good, and practically next store is a Remington razor shop that sometimes has a decent item or two. Thats all that comes to mind downtown, just avoid the shops in the tourist locations like Pier 39 and Fishermans Warf.

What are you coming to town for? Buisness or social? If you are going to be at the Moscone Convention center, those two shops are only blocks away.

Have a good time, and let us know if you need any other, non-knife tips about the town. Any way I could be of help, just give a holler!

------------------
James

If you're in town in August you could go to the B.A.K.C.A. 20th Anniversary Annual Knife Show (Bay Area Knife Collectors Association). Aug 28 - 29, 1999 in the Salon Ballroom of the South San Francisco Conference Center. 255 South Airport Blvd., South San Francisco, CA 94080.

There's a thread on this subject in "Community" right now, check it out.

Jim March

AEM, i don't recall the name of the store i saw last year in SF but it was on the peer where all the restorants and the californian seals are at.
great little knife shop with a good collection ask around ,you can't miss it.

Thanks for the help.

I will be in town for depositions (other peoples', not mine). But I always like to check out the gun/knife stores and museums wherever I go. Planning to visit a resturant or two also!

Spent 5 of the best years of my life there.
Grew up in Lake Tahoe(Calif side).
If you get a chance check out the Palace of Fine Arts and do a drive through of the Presidio. It doesn't look as nice as it did when we still ran it, but the view over Baker Beach is awesome.
Drop by Ft. Point too....I always loved being right under the Golden Gate Bridge, which reminds me, you should take a walk across that as well.
So much to do and so little time.
Enjoy yourself, I am so jealous....
wink.gif

------------------
God bless!

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

William,

I had no idea you could walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. How long would it take to walk across and back?

Shhhhhh...this is a secret, but...a little known knife shop exists in North Beach on Columbus Street at Vallejo (or maybe Green)...interesting litle place, and you can usually find some pretty cool stuff there...

--dan

Back