Best knife under $500

They keep trying, but nobody can do it better than the big 3... CRK, Hinderer & Strider. If you can get a Shirogorov for under $500 I’d throw that in the ring too.
I can’t generate interest in those three, and I’ve tried especially with CRK. Just not my thing, I guess.

They keep trying, but nobody can do it better than the big 3... CRK, Hinderer & Strider. If you can get a Shirogorov for under $500 I’d throw that in the ring too.

I'd agree with this.

I love all three... especially strider and CRK --- have gone off hinderer in the last year or so... Hinderers no matter the grind seem not to be able to slice anywhere near as well as my striders and CRK's do...

Striders are my go-to, they seem like a jack of all trades type of blade. They can cut really well depending on the grind and coating, yet can also stand up to abuse as they are absolute tanks of knives. The newer M.Striders are way more squared away (refined) than the older models from years ago. If there was only 1 knife I could keep it would be my Strider SnG - Such an awesome knife ...

I had a Strider PT CC (with rounded scales) for awhile a few years ago. It had the best ergonomics of any other knife I had before or since. A contoured SnG would be nice.

Back