Best low priced 3" fixed blade

cbb

Anyone have a short list to look into? Search feature on this site is a joke so please do not ask me to "search, we have gone over this a million times". Never really considered a fixed blade so I know nothing at this point. Like getting excellent value for my money, but will pay for quality, and do not know where to start. 3 inch MAX.

Thank you!

Sort of open but do tend to like stainless blades. The Boker Subcom FB has some appeal. Trying not to box myself in but understand trying to narrow things down.

I really liked my CRKT M18 with 3" blade. Aus8 steel, aluminum handles with G10 inserts. Very nice blade shape too. Its a Kit Carson design with a nice flipper, and has a backup lock for the liner lock. IMHO, can't be beat for the price.

Oops, sorry, I thought you said folder, not fixed.

schiesz

Take a look over at Ragnar's Ragweed Forge. You should find several items to interest you.

He's looking for a fixed blade, not folders.

BJ001.jpg

AUS-10 steel. Leather Sheath mfg: Blackjack

SIG01P.jpg

A bit more menacing looking and in N690 blade. Kydex Clip Sheath. mfg: Sigarms

ka1481.jpg

Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife. 5 5/8" overall. 2 3/8" black powder coated serrated AUS-8A

Hello,
I would try at the "For Sale by Maker".
Man, you can often get a great handmade knife by a real craftsman for around a hundred bones.:)

Hello,
I would try at the "For Sale by Maker".
Man, you can often get a great handmade knife by a real craftsman for around a hundred bones.:)

I agree with that, for sure.

Also the other posts for "low priced fixed blade":

the Swedish knives; at Ragweed Forge or any other reputable
dealer. The Mora (Frosts, whatever) 911 & 860 are among my
personal favorites. Also The Clipper. These great knives
are 10 to 15 bucks. Ragweed Forge has a HUGE selection of
Scandinavian knives at great prices.

The Ryan plan B is definitely a great deal! 11.99 at
www.eknifeworks.com. CRKT got it right on that one
and the price is ridiculous.

The Lightfoot design by Timberline is a good one too.
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/s...ch=eqCATE CODEdatarq=tm&eqWWWCAT_2datarq=neck

Cold Steel Pendleton Mini-Hunter has a VG-1 blade and a nice kydex sheath. I've been carrying one for several weeks and like it a lot. A.G. Russell has a similar knife (same length but a little thinner) called the Bird & Trout available in AUS-8, D2, and, sometimes, VG-10.

Back