Best lubricant for flippers

I've searched many threads and can't seem to find one that solely addresses this topic.
What's the best lubricant to keep your flippers deploying smoothly and easily as possible without
Gumming up and collecting dirt etc?
I've been using Slick 2000 gun line that seems to be ok
But just wondered what others experiences have been?
Thanks
51 Bravo

Quick Release was developed for automatics for the same reason. I use it on every folder I have.

I use 3 in 1 lock dry lube! It works great. Just like the name says Dry Lube it drys and lubricates. So there is nothing to gum up and dirt, dust and pocket lint doesn't get attracted to it at all like regular oils tend to do.
fa1342f29fff2b2c2d5a48a807af3852.jpg
1f8c84ee92924005ddad128a5e0f06fc.jpg

As for cleaning and preserving my blades I use the second one it removes rust spots much better than WD40 without using an abrasive on your blades. And if you hopefully don't have any rust it will prevent it from ever happening! And you only need one drop per blade side so a little goes a long way. Hope that helped ya bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakFree CLP and Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide work well (personal experience). Nano Oil is supposed to be good, too (no personal experience).

I actually just bought a new oil called Clenzoil and I'm really liking it. I have Breakfree, and I'm honestly preferring Clenzoil. It seems to have both a better viscosity and friction reduction than Breakfree, and I actually think it smells better too.

Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide for years.

BreakFree CLP and Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide work well (personal experience). Nano Oil is supposed to be good, too (no personal experience).

I've been a fan of Sentry Solutions great line of products for quite some time now. The TUF-GLIDE is great but they also have a great dry lube as well called BP-2000 which I've been using on my Spyderco DODO model ( ball bearing lock) and I've been very satisfied with their dry lube product.

I still use Militec 1 for my wet lube most of the time and I also use Militec's grease too. However if I find anything better I'll immediately check out something new and better.

That's interesting that "3 N 1" now offers a dry lube. There are a lot of new dry lubes out there that contain PTFE and I've had good luck with most of them I've tried. I've found that dry lubes are improving a lot in the past 5 years or so.

I have found that Mineral Oil works best for me.

I have not found one pivot lube to be significantly different than the others but have had favorable results with the ones of those listed above in this thread that I have used. I drop of two of 5W30 synthetic engine oil is about as good as any other "oil" IMHO.

As for coating the blade - anything that I am likely to cut food with (majority of my knives) gets coated with nothing other than mineral oil.

I have not found one pivot lube to be significantly different than the others but have had favorable results with the ones of those listed above in this thread that I have used. I drop of two of 5W30 synthetic engine oil is about as good as any other "oil" IMHO.

As for coating the blade - anything that I am likely to cut food with (majority of my knives) gets coated with nothing other than mineral oil.

I recently started using that as my honing oil as well as my blade treatment oil however I am curious as to these dry lubes for the flippers I have

I disassembled my ZT0452 last week and noticed there was no lube anywhere.
That's the way I'll keep it unless I intend to get it wet, then I'll put a few drops of Tuf Glide on the bearings.

I typically use Quick Release or Nano Oil in all my knives, not just the flippers.

Back