Best Meduim-Duty Spyderco

ptalpha, I see the Wegner as more of a hunting knife (and that is what they seem to sell it as), and my infirmities limit that form or activity, so that is not a need that I have. Now, I just ordered a Sifu. I have no real need for that either, being a Quaker, but it "sang" to me where the Wegner did not. Sorry to disappoint you, but that is what makes life, and horse races, interesting.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh Fuller

I appreciate all the help that this thread has provided. Since WOW was closing out all of there inventory I ordered a few Spydies. I went with the Calypso Jr Micarta, Walker Lightweight(I wanted the Almite, but they didn't have that), the Wegner Jr. and the Centofante. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks again to everyone that responded.
Eric

------------------
Outside of a dog, a Knife is man's best friend. Inside a dog it is very, very Dark.

I haven't chimed in with the Wegner because it is not a medium duty knife. It is a heavy duty knife. While it was designed as a hunter I am extremely impressed with its veratility. This is a do it all knife. And I mean a do it all very well knife. The ergonomics are superb. The blade shape is great for everything. Everyone I have talked to that has one loves it. I havent seen any used ones for sale either. great knife.

For medium duty I was thinking Calypso jr lightweight, endura, or delica.

I dont think Spyderco makes a light duty knife.

------------------
Dennis Bible

[This message has been edited by shootist16 (edited 01-10-2000).]

Yep!
Wegner=Heavy duty!

Come to think of it, Good medium duty Spydies might be:
Native
Jess Horn
Zowada
Calypso's
Walker
Just to name a few!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm...
Starmate and the Military might be better classified as "medium to heavy duty".

Hard to tell really. I've used and flat abused some of the Zytel models and have yet to render one useless.

------------------
If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid!

eaisaacs......

you dirty rat.... are you the one that got to the plainedged SC25 before I got there?
I scored the SC50 tho

Will this affliction never end??
smile.gif

------------------
><CHINOOK*>
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult

Yes Chinook, From what I understand I got the last of each of the following Walker Lightweight,Wegner Jr, and SC-25 Plain Centofante. Just lucky I guess.
Eric

------------------
Outside of a dog, a Knife is man's best friend. Inside a dog it is very, very Dark.

Well
That seems like a it ought to keep you busy for a bit........

Until the next sale.
smile.gif

Let us know how you like them.

[This message has been edited by Chinook (edited 01-11-2000).]

Shootest16 has it! I have both the Wegner Jr. and the Wegner. I have to make an effort to but a different knife in my pocket from time to time. The full size Wegner is in a class by itself, it kind of reminds me of my first Volvo, if you look at it you will never understand it, you have to drive it to know what it is for.

Mike

The Wegner might be a heavy duty knife but it still works great for medium duty. So my vote goes for the Wegner.

------------------
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it"

I did get a Wegner Jr., but I am still looking into getting the Starmate also from the good reviews I've heard. I sure do like the Wegner Jr., it just feels good to hold and use(not much use yet just cutting open boxes). Thanks to everybody that helped out here.
Eric

------------------

Back