Best of the smalls

Well ive always loved the look of the dragonfly2. So i bought one in vtoku2. If i dont like it ill keep it for my daughter when she grows up a bit . As for other options mentioned i dont want a slipit and not a fan of the blade shape of the rhino.
Im used to my tenacious and my pm2 but have been mixing it up with my chris reeves sebenza 25 and zt 0562 and today im carrying a polestar .
Just thinking it would be nice to have a smaller knife sometimes as a backup instead of 2 of similar 3.5" sized

Sage 2 Ti frame lock. One of my three fave Spydercos of all time and the one I carry the most. A truly great design, smooth lines, and in all honesty, A Chris Reeve knife at much less than one third the price. I paid $120.00 for mine. A steal!

I haven't seen the Lava mentioned--it's one of my favorite sub 2" folders. Small blade w/a nice handle.

The Dragonfly is a good slicer and is extremely lightweight. You can get all fingers on the handle. The Chaparral is the best slicer, has the longest blade, and fits thee hand well for EDC use, but not heavy use. The Lil Native is a decent slicer. It really fill the hand and will stand up to hard use.

Hard to beat the Chap LW. Most, including myself find it more comfortable in hand than the DF2 and the blade geometry makes it a great slicer. If you want something small and stout the lil native is extremely solid but a bit on the over built for most EDC tasks IMHO.

I’d endorse this. Choose the chaparral if you want something slicey, and the lil native if you want something more robust (e.g. if you might want to whittle some wood). I wouldn’t go with the dragonfly unless you really want to prioritize small size and light weight.

I’ve no experience with the rhino. Doubt I’d pick one up unless they get discounted at close out. The other small Spyderco I like is the techno (original), but that’s only if you want something really stout.

For many years I carried a ZDP-189 DF2 as my regular knife. It's convenient and good for many tasks. It's so easy to carry, that I don't notice it in my pocket.

These days, I mostly carry a Chaparral LW when I want a light knife. It's a little bigger and thinner than the DF2. Sometimes I carry the Lil' Native for fun since I like the compression lock, but I usually choose a Para3 when I want something sturdier.

I like the Chaparral.

In my view it is a small big knife. The others the OP mentioned are big small knives. ;)

Back