"Best Picture" Contest Over . . . Please vote.

For those who participated in posting pictures in THIS THREAD, it is time to vote!

Regarding Voting:
Here are the procedures relative to voting for our "Best Picture" contest (no, not for an Acadamy Award):
  • Votes will be sent directly to my email address (ron@sogknives.com) on Monday and Tuesday, April 22 & 23 (BladeForums time, which is east coast of the United States). I'll announce the winner here in this thread sometime on April 24th. Only valid votes will be counted (see next point). For the vote to be considered, I need on the subject line "Contest Vote Ballot." I also need your BladeForums user name clearly stated in the email "ballot" along will the user name of the person's picture you are voting for. You may also make a statement on why you voted for it.
  • Since voters will be from your peers, qualified voters can ONLY be those who have entered the contest by posting a picture.
  • Vote for anyone posting a picture from the start of the thread through the end of April 21st (midnight east coast, United States time). I’m exempt and cannot win, so don’t vote for me.
  • Most importantly, vote for the picture that is "stunning, moving, original, creative, not sick or lurid (sorry VG), and generally makes someone want to vote for it."
The Prize: I’ll talk with the winner of the contest to see what they want. I have a handful of knives from our "Seconds" (perfect, but with a scratch or two) that I can give (for example: JetEdge I, JetEdge II, Sogwinder II, Tomcat, SOG Gentleman, any assortment of tools, maybe a fixed blade or two, just to name a few), or I can work something out.

Good luck! :)

Ron, thanks for the opportunity to participate in the contest. It's not every day that one gets to enter a contest for a free knife, and this isn't just any free knife, it's a SOG knife :D

Good luck guys!

"We have a winner!"

...or should I say, "We have winners!" We had a split vote for first place between Bobby B and Sergiusz Mitin!

I'd like both Serg and Rob to drop me an email, giving a short list of knives (that would be "SOG's knives") that might interest you (not new products like the Flash). I'll work with you guys to get you something you'd really like. They may come from our "seconds" stock (with only a little scratch keeping it from "retail").

Thanks to everyone who contributed. I always love seeing pictures of our knives. Keep the pictures coming.

Hmm, hmmm, I really don’t know what to say...
I’m journalist and I’m not sure I should take place in this contest among amateur photographers... Especially winning it...
As for someone who wastes hundreds meters of films yearly my photos do not seem so nice at all, certainly I should make them better...

Please, let voters decide taking this into consideration...

I have posted these photos to support Ron’s idea. In my honest opinion it is way cool contest and you Guys have posted very nice photos! This should be done at all manufacturer forums, no matter with prizes or without. For me it is great pleasure and honor to have a possibility to show my modest work.
Greatly probably subconsciously I didn’t have intentions to win, in my life I didn’t win any contest, drawing, lottery or something like.

Not to worry, Serg...you find me in a generous mood. ;) "Close" came in a very close third, so I'll include him in the "winner circle." Close, drop me an email, too.!

Also, I've been in contact with Bobby B. This guy spends a lot of his time on the road for his job. He won't be home till maybe the weekend and wanted me to let you guys know he's following things here by checking in with me.

I told him I was going to talk bad about him while he was gone, but I don't have a "bad (boy Bobby)" bone in my body. ;)

Thanks Ron,
Sorry for the delay in posting, I was away.
I'll fire off an e-mail.
Thanks again - what a great thread!!!:p
Rob

This is great Ron! I have sent you an e-mail. I must say that I enjoyed this thread and the pictures very much.

Thanks! :)

Paul

Well done Ron. There are some very happy forumites here. Sergius, stop beating yourself up, a win is a win and that's well deserved. Congratulations you lucky buggers :)

Say, any consolation prizes.....

Well done you all. You fellas ought to feel real proud in being able to highlight the various other uses for Sog Knives as a whole, other than just being SEAL ready. Outstanding effort. All are winners in my books.

Krizzard, out.

"...Whoever kills with the sword must be killed by the sword... "
- The New Testament, Revelation 13:10

Krizzard,
I was surprised not to see you posting. Haven't seen any posts in a while, good to have you back.:cool:
Rob

BobbyB,

Thanks! And that's quite some pictures you've got there. What about some on your "seconds" prize? Once again, good job by a true and loyal Sog K fan.

Krizzard, out.

Krizzard,
I will post pics of my prize, provided Ron will allow me another image to be hosted...
That shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't spill the beans about my Emerson and Benchmade(s)...:eek:

Oops, I did it again...:rolleyes:

Hi Ron,

I received my prize today! Absolutely fantastic! I will post pictures in the original thread again, when I get hold of a digital camera.

Thanks very much! :)

Congratulations guys....good job! Enjoy!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

A "Prize" Picture:
My prize and my prized Team Leader:eek:! Click for bigger pic...

BobbyB,

My lower jaw just dropped when I when ahead to click for a larger picture. Great stuff. Only wasn't the Team Leader gun blued?

Krizzard, out.

Let me offer a temporary treat...find the Rob's awesome "TeamLeader Series" in this directory for limited time. They are the ones labeled r1.jpg, r2.jpg, etc. (all the r# images). You will find them LARGER! :cool:

Back