Best production swords . . . ?

A question . . . A friend of mine is looking for a good quality tai chi sword . . . something he can use for practice (along with a wooden version) but which is good quality. Not one of these horrible cheap & nasty specials you see so often.

Any recommendations for dealers or model names?

Regards, HILTON

The best production maker would be Del Tin, www.deltin.net

I don't know if they make Eastern swords though, not my area of intrest.

Atlanta Cutlery, www.atlantacutlery.com sells a wooden sword that looks like the Tai Chi type for about U.S. twenty bucks.

[This message has been edited by Snickersnee (edited 04 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Snickersnee (edited 04 August 1999).]

CASI sells a Tai Chi sword made by "Paul" Chen in China. They are reputedly quite nice and very durable. Dealers would include Kreyleyn and Kimber at www.twilights-door.com. For more possibilities, go to www.netsword.com and to www.swordforum.com to look. Their links sections would be most helpful.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 04 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by FullerH (edited 04 August 1999).]

I just followed my URL to Twilight's Door and looked at the Chen Tai Chi sword. It has a "Damascus" (say pattern welded) blade and is quite handsome. Their price is $267.00 plus shipping. Chen makes them in Manchuria, nothern China in a small factory, they are not the product of the large Chinese arms industry.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

Kris Cutlery makes a decent gim, it might be heavy but the length, heft, sharpness are very good.

Back