Best time of day to catch the Redmeadow Newsletter?

Best time of day for the Newsletter?

• 4-5pm (All times are Eastern)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 5-6pm

• 6-7pm

• 7-8pm

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 8-9pm

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Half past a monkey's ass, quarter to his nuts

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • The subs been quiet lately....you're still alive??!!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Since things seem to go fairly quick, what's the best time for everyone to get the Newsletter? The times in the poll are Eastern (Pacific is 3 hours ealier).

As usual there will be a heads up in the Newsletter thread. I'll also have a thread to preview some items that will be available this week.

Monday through Friday, weekends, evenings, mornings?

Email me at redmeadowknives@gmail.com if you'd like to be on the list.

Looking forward to a fresh newsletter, John.

I'd say that most of the time, some time during the day works best for me unless I am in a conference or meeting. Evenings generally find me disengaged from devices. Sometimes though, I'll catch something on my Apple watch. The thing tries to be smarter than I am, I think it is generally successful with that aim.

Looking forward to a fresh newsletter, John.

I'd say that most of the time, some time during the day works best for me unless I am in a conference or meeting. Evenings generally find me disengaged from devices. Sometimes though, I'll catch something on my Apple watch. The thing tries to be smarter than I am, I think it is generally successful with that aim.
I hear ya, I've been trying to disengage and get back into reading more. I'll try to schedule it enough in advance that if you're interested in the items maybe you can pop on to check the email. I'm considering sending it out Wednesday. It looks like the favored time so far is around 7pm Eastern, or 4pm your time I think.

Here's the preview thread of what's coming in the next Newsletter.

I’ve always said that the more people you invite to a pizza party, the closer you are to generic cheese pizza.

You can’t meet everyones’ preference when your customer base is spread over many time zones. I suggest that you pick a time that works best for you and post a heads up notice the day before that the newsletter is coming at X:00 PM or AM tomorrow for those interested. You’re the Boss. We will follow your lead. 👍

Phil

I’ve always said that the more people you invite to a pizza party, the closer you are to generic cheese pizza.

You can’t meet everyones’ preference when your customer base is spread over many time zones. I suggest that you pick a time that works best for you and post a heads up notice the day before that the newsletter is coming at X:00 PM or AM tomorrow for those interested. You’re the Boss. We will follow your lead. 👍

Phil

That's the plan Phil, I like being able to give you guys a heads up and it seems to work out well. I'm just canvassing for a preferred time. I can schedule the Newsletter to send at any time of day so thought I'd ask the Clan here what works best. A good boss reads the room, which is hard to do online without a post that comes off with a "What should I do?" tone. Trust me, that's never the case.

I've never been a fan of demanding Makers banging the wall yelling "Drop!!! Come and get it!!". Personally I find it annoying and disrespectful.

My goal in drawing folks to the Newsletter is to eventually be able to focus on a client base that can work on word of mouth so i never have to advertise the Newsletter at all. I'm less than 2 years away from having an additional 60 hours a week for Redmeadow Knives. Right now I have more demand than I can supply but that will change. One thing I've learned from the Clan and that I believe is true is that having the right clients is far more important than having a lot of clients.

So that's why you don't get "DROP!!!!" from me, instead I offer insight that may come off as annoying or indecisive. That's definitely not the case.

It could drop in the middle of the night?
a.) reason for some folks to drag their asses out of bed in the morning
b.) something to read with your morning coffee
c.) something to read with your morning constitutional

🤷‍♂️

Maybe late afternoon as a way to look forward to read when get home from work. sort of like when we Used to enjoy getting mail…..letters not bills, we lived for mail in college. that was a long time ago and a galaxy far far away. Sometimes I think I succumbed to the dark side, only to be saved by my wife back to the light of day. Don’t want to think where I would have been without my wife.

Back