Best way to carry Cricket?

Woo-hoo! Just got my FRN plain-edge Cricket yesterday. Very cool. I can actually open this with one hand, as opposed to my Dragonfly, which I can't quite manage just yet.

How do you folks carry your Crickets? I'm trying to find room for it amongst the gear I already carry in the office (which includes my Dragonfly, a Schrade Old-Timer, Swiss-Tech MicroPlus, SOG CrossCut and SOG CrossGrip).

I carry IWB just above my right pocket. This seem to be best for a good pick up and one hand open.

Now you just need to get a Chive to add to the confusion.

Right now I usually clip it to the Velcro strap on my splint. Almost a sleeve knife. Easy access and it's out of the way.

I carry mine IWB, to the inside of the front belt thing.

Rotate out from there to grab it, still comes out with the hole right there for your thumb.

Have you tried a Sastre neck sheath?

spydercos-in-sheaths_copy.jpg

larry

Originally posted by chess
Have you tried a Sastre neck sheath?

No, I haven't. They look cool. Are the neck chains the break-away sort? You know, they break before they strangle you?

Originally posted by VampyreWolf
I carry mine IWB, to the inside of the front belt thing.

Rotate out from there to grab it, still comes out with the hole right there for your thumb.

Okay, I've tried carrying the Cricket so its body is inside my waistband and the clip is under my belt. When I look in the mirror, it still looks terribly obvious I'm carrying something. The shiny metal clip stands out like a beacon, screaming "He's got a knife." Should the clip be that obvious or am I doing something wrong?

I clip it to the underside of my shirt collar. It's easy to get to and surprisingly few notice it.
Joyce

Originally posted by Joyce Laituri
I clip it to the underside of my shirt collar. It's easy to get to and surprisingly few notice it.
Joyce

I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the idea.

That's how they show the cricket carry in the Spyderco video - Thanks for the copy Joyce.

I don't know if I convinced anyone else to buy a knife with the video, but it made me buy a Chinook with my "future" knife funds.

BTW, my wife commented that she thought the video was very well produced "for a video about knives". Oh well, at least she doesn't object to my owning too many knives.

I don't have any problems with it being flashy, but then I wear a 1" belt, and that covers most of the clip.
I got a Wegner jr, and liked the silver clip from it, which now resides on my Cricket(while putting the black, wider clip, on the wegner jr).
I did this b/c I am now wearing tan pants for the summer, and the black was too visible.

Then one thing you'll notice, is that we ourselves notice something because we know what to look for and where to look on our own bodies.
Dress how you normally would, and ask a non-knife friend to tell you if they see it. Another help is to untuck your shirt a litle, so the loose stuff just covers a bit of the clip. It gets lost in the shadow too.

Hope this helps.

The Cricket is so light that, when I once clipped it to a baseball cap and wore it at the beach, I forgot about it being there and thought I had lost it! It took me a few hours to finally locate it (when I took the cap off back at home!)

Originally posted by Architect
she doesn't object to my owning too many knives.

My wife collects perfume. I collect pocket knives and flashlights. It works out well. Grin.

put it on a sterling silver chain and took off the clip and no one has a clue what it is including airport security :D

Many I have sold are to women and they like Joyce carry them in ways I hadn't even considered. One customer of mine clips it to her left bra strap/cup. At least I think thats where she clips it. I'm not man enough to reach in there to see EXACTLY where its resting.

What I know is that she can have it out and at the ready before you realise she hasn't just adjusted anything.....LOL

Terry Prichard aka thebladebroker

Originally posted by The Tactical One put it on a sterling silver chain and took off the clip and no one has a clue what it is including airport security

Great idea, but I already look like such a geek that if I added a neckchain to my ensemble, I'd get beaten up!

How can I modify your idea to fit me?

Originally posted by cardimon

Great idea, but I already look like such a geek that if I added a neckchain to my ensemble, I'd get beaten up!

How can I modify your idea to fit me?

:D :p Join a gym, get a decent haircut, buy some new clothes??? :p :D

Or maybe, just have it hang inside your shirt?

Back