Beverages and Axes, Hatchets and Hawks

When I am camping...I keep no time, hold no pretense. Just do what feels right and be respectful and courteous.
I always envy the fellas on the west coast...good wine, great saws, access to great sawyers willing to give hands on experience...great cruiser dbl bits. A forest service that uses and trains in the use of the crosscut.

Enjoy your week! Its 5 'o clock somewhere my friends! I toast this bottle of mini market merlot to those in Washington...squarepeg! Heres to you...Walla Walla!

20180815_151849.jpg

Yes I started before 3p:cool:

Life ain't all that good on the west coast. You don't see a west coast jblyttle, do ya? We have the saws, but you have the axes.

Ya man! There is Ebay for us thankfully...sadly you cant ebay hands on crosscut sharpening or training...but I see your point man. We do have many of the great tools here, still waiting to be found and rescued. We just need to all do our part :thumbsup::cool:

Reactions: A17
I don't know of a source for sharpening or training either, sigh. I do know a guy that has a two man crosscut hanging in his living room that he remembers his father and grandfather cutting firewood with.:cool: He also has a broken two man he found horseback riding near an old cabin 10-15 mins away from me. He said there might be more stuff like that there as well. One of these days....

I brought home a few of these Craftsman/Vaughan camp hatchets yesterday. At least one will be a gift for a friend and at least one with stay here with me. So hard to beat this deal I had to grab a few at my local Sears store. $17.99 each! Made in USA by Vaughan with 1080 steel. It seemed foolish not to buy some while they're still available. Gawd only knows how much longer Sears will be around and Vaughan will still be supplying.

Craftsman%20hatchets%201.jpg

Craftsman%20hatchets%202.jpg

Back