Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Oh man. I’m up next on John’s list. Looks like I’m going to have to jump right back in line.
Broke out the Lightbox and camera and even the LightRoom software for this Gin & Tonic. JK Knives Pocket Chef in 1/16" 440C with Bloodwood and Brass.

ichKlyJ.jpg

I’m late to the praise party, but, man Wurrwulf Wurrwulf , what a great photo! It makes me want both a G&T and one of those Pocket Chefs. Well done, sir. :thumbsup:

Instant gratification being possible on neither, I’m instead enjoying a hoppier offering from Duvel that I’d never tried before:

2PrTJm2h.jpg

The cap lifter on this WWII-era Camillus Engineer’s Knife is still going strong, as is the rest of it.

Cheers, everyone! Have a great weekend.

I’m late to the praise party, but, man Wurrwulf Wurrwulf , what a great photo! It makes me want both a G&T and one of those Pocket Chefs. Well done, sir. :thumbsup:

Instant gratification being possible on neither, I’m instead enjoying a hoppier offering from Duvel that I’d never tried before:

2PrTJm2h.jpg

The cap lifter on this WWII-era Camillus Engineer’s Knife is still going strong, as is the rest of it.

Man O Man my son's took me out to a local brewpub the other day. They were drinking the in-house hop beers, I tried them and yikes:eek: bitter! I had to settle for a domestic beer instead. I guess I have no culture as far as beer goes.:p
Your knife looks pretty skookum :thumbsup:

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway , thanks for the kind comment. John makes one hell of a knife.

The "standard" Duvel is, in my opinion, one of the finest beers in the world. I enjoy IPAs and Stouts and Sours and all that stuff, but at the end of the day, I still give props to Belgians and Germans for absolutely dominating what beers "should" taste like. Strong Pales (Like Duvel), Dubbles, Hefes, Saisons, etc: my palate always goes back to the "old standbys", which often get labelled as "boring".

I say all of this to ask: how is the Tripel Hop? I have not seen it locally, but I haven't been looking for it, either. As good as Duvel is, I would certainly give it the benefit of the doubt.

Broke out the Lightbox and camera and even the LightRoom software for this Gin & Tonic. JK Knives Pocket Chef in 1/16" 440C with Bloodwood and Brass.

ichKlyJ.jpg

I agree with everyone on the quality of that photo, Shawn, but unlike Greg, I want neither G&T (although the name alone should appeal to me greatly :rolleyes:) nor fixed blade. But a lightbox is definitely something I need to research!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Had one of these with supper tonight:
HhLp4ew.jpg

- GT

I agree with everyone on the quality of that photo, Shawn, but unlike Greg, I want neither G&T (although the name alone should appeal to me greatly :rolleyes:) nor fixed blade. But a lightbox is definitely something I need to research!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Had one of these with supper tonight:
HhLp4ew.jpg

- GT
A Lambsfoot and Porter go together like salt and pepper. :thumbsup::)

Thanks, GT! My cheapo light box is made by Neewer, and it has been one of the best $20 purchases I've ever made. I've got a pair of cheap aluminum clip-on flood lights from Home Depot with 2500K LED bulbs shining in from the sides and a florescent light soft box shining in from above. Maybe $50 all in. We bought it to photograph my wife's products for her small business, but I really enjoy using it for my knives; especially when the light outside is less than ideal.

2PrTJm2h.jpg

That Duvel is one my recent favorites!

Man O Man my son's took me out to a local brewpub the other day. They were drinking the in-house hop beers, I tried them and yikes:eek: bitter! I had to settle for a domestic beer instead. I guess I have no culture as far as beer goes.:p
It seems beer follows the track led by black chocolate. I once worked for a cocoa trader and he admitted that 1) cocoa is not like wine, there are no origins, 2) more than 70% cocoa is too bitter to be palatable. Now you find so-called origins and up to 85%.
Of course, the price inflates with claimed purity. Some call this tax on stupidity (in fact they use a harsher word :D)
We don't have these kind of problem with knives, don't we? :)

It seems beer follows the track led by black chocolate. I once worked for a cocoa trader and he admitted that 1) cocoa is not like wine, there are no origins, 2) more than 70% cocoa is too bitter to be palatable. Now you find so-called origins and up to 85%.
Of course, the price inflates with claimed purity. Some call this tax on stupidity (in fact they use a harsher word :D)
We don't have these kind of problem with knives, don't we? :)[/QUOTE

I'm thinking you're onto something.;) I could have saved literally thousands of dollars on my knife collection, had I been satisfied with only a lambsfoot or two. :):p

I've not seen that yet Greg, I might go out hunting for a bottle this afternoon :) Cool wee tankard my friend :) :thumbsup:

That looks like a tasty beverage GT, and some excellent patina on your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

With an old friend visiting, I have had a pleasantly beery week showing him round Yorkshire - and its pubs of course! :D :thumbsup:

The only pic I managed to get was this one in my local though :D Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

AW Small Sambar LF (2) 4-3.JPG

Back