Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Great pic Dylan, early evening here and I'm not sure whether to crack open a beer, open a bottle of wine, or start mixing cocktails! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack!

We've gone Rogue.

z4T5p50h.jpg

And, soon the Rogue will be gone.

Speaking of Rogue....

Having one of my favorites of theirs tonight.

4SSo8Lw.jpg

Another Swiss day: Swiss knife, Swiss watch. On the farm and at clinics and with clients I'm surrounded by screws that need tightening, splinters that need extracting, bales that need opening, leather that needs punching, and beers that need cracking. So I'm taking along a tool that can do it all. I even use the large screwdriver/bottle opener as a hoofpick in a pinch. And now I'm home and settling down with a beverage.

And the Swiss watch is an essential tool for work, too. Many things to keep track of.

egIYocA.jpg

Zieg

ywlKmq6h.jpg

Espresso Tonic.

No, I didn't make this up. Yesterday I met up with a friend at a fancy coffee and this was on the menu. Intrigued, I ordered it. It was actually really good, so I attempted to recreate it at home today: tonic water poured over ice and topped with a double shot of espresso.

They were able to get it to layer with the coffee on top and tonic on bottom, which looked really cool. It didn't work out that way for me, though. But, it still tasted good and my failure will be an excuse to try again some time. ;)

My Alox doesn’t have a cork screw (does any Alox?)...so you make due with what you have. Jam the can opener into the cork, put can opener at what would be a half stop (odd, the cap lifter has a half stop but can opener doesn’t), and then turn slowly and pull. Puts a lot of torque on that poor can opener but all seemed fine once I completed task.

My Alox doesn’t have a cork screw (does any Alox?)...so you make due with what you have. Jam the can opener into the cork, put can opener at what would be a half stop (odd, the cap lifter has a half stop but can opener doesn’t), and then turn slowly and pull. Puts a lot of torque on that poor can opener but all seemed fine once I completed task.
Thanks! Don't know if I'll ever have to resort to that. I keep a corkscrew in my vehicle (not to drink in the car, but in case I travel out of town), and one in my suitcase. And I have a few at home, of course.

Thanks! Don't know if I'll ever have to resort to that. I keep a corkscrew in my vehicle (not to drink in the car, but in case I travel out of town), and one in my suitcase. And I have a few at home, of course.

It was an impromptu purchase of wine, on way up to a plaza with a view (corkscrew back at accommodations). I figured if it didn’t work, I could just push the cork into bottle.

I’ve been typically drinking Moretti and Peroni beers...a Moretti again this early afternoon.View attachment 1164681.
Great picture! Where was it taken?
I do like Peroni and Moretti beers. They always taste better when I'm drinking them in Italy. Piazza del Campo in Siena.
pt4ccOE.jpg

I had the Pinched Peanut with me in the previous pic also. This Pic not taken in Italy. Brooklyn Brewery brews a pretty tasty beer too.
ibOp5Ka.jpg

Back