Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I figured it was probably made in Sheffield, too. :D It's a good looking tankard! :thumbsup:

Before my visit to Sheffield in December 2018, Jack told me to keep an eye out for a large Harry Brearley mural painted on the back wall of a pub between the train station and my hotel. Unfortunately, some vandals had splashed red and white paint all over it. :(

Those prices are for the "standard" Lagavulin 16, David. I never thought to check the price of a bottle over there, but we were having dinner at a pub in Bath (The Raven) when I noticed a bottle of Lagavulin 16 behind the bar. My brother and I had a debate over what it might cost in the pub, and were both surprised to learn that it was only £4 (at a bar or restaurant in the States, a single pour of Lagavulin would cost $10 to $12 or more).

A couple pictures from The Raven:

sVB8L4W.jpg

72VHwGy.jpg

K0ET405.jpg

(That's my brother and sister-in-law in the corner window up there.) :D

Ahh ok that's quite a bit more expensive then for the Lagavulin. :oops:
That looks like a nice pub Barrett and just my sort of place. I've never been to Bath but it's the list so when I do I'll make for that place. :thumbsup:

I call this one "Hartshead Barlow from the Bottom of an Empty English Pewter Tankard". :)
BQrPbz3.jpg

Great shot.:thumbsup:

I think that might be due to the very high rate of tax on alcohol here David :eek:

Surely you mean the very Very VERY HIGH rate of tax on alcohol... :mad:

Surely you mean the very Very VERY HIGH rate of tax on alcohol... :mad:

Yes indeed, the SCANDALOUSLY high rate on alcohol!!! :mad: ;) :thumbsup:

I've never been to Bath either, I was going to visit last year as I have a couple of friends down that way, but I didn't quite make it :rolleyes:

Sometimes Jim Beam and ginger ale bring things together for a proper thoughtful moment. Ommmmm . . .

jptneBY.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart my friend, you’re living large! :thumbsup: :D I’m going to be in your neighborhood toward the end of February. I’m thinking about some good chili dogs and I’ll definitely have to have one of those caps! :thumbsup: :D

Based on previous posts on this page I feel out of place posting this, but I'll do it anyway.

R21ILmk.jpg

While I'm primarily a beer guy, I can certainly appreciate a good bourbon. I spent a good bit of time in Jeffersonville, IN for work so spent my fair share of time on the bourbon trail.

While I'm primarily a beer guy, I can certainly appreciate a good bourbon. I spent a good bit of time in Jeffersonville, IN for work so spent my fair share of time on the bourbon trail.
I don't remember the last time I had beer in my house, but my cabinet is always stocked with some good bourbons. Stopped at a few places on the trail last spring. The Four Roses distillery had just released the Small Batch Select (which is only available in a handful of states now). I walked out with three bottles.

Reactions: AnW
Back