Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

My evening repast is in celebration of the birthday of our own Jack Black ( Jack Black Jack Black ). I know some will be upset that I did not gum up a fine folding knife slicing this ribeye, but I feel that Jack will cut me some slack for using a proper knife for the task. Happy Birthday, Jack! Cheers, mate!!

aHqiRHG.jpg

p.s., Yes, the cutting board was my "plate", but sautéd asparagus was added after the pic (still cooking when I took the pic).

- Stuart

Many thanks Stuart, I'm honoured my friend :) :thumbsup:

My evening repast is in celebration of the birthday of our own Jack Black ( Jack Black Jack Black ). I know some will be upset that I did not gum up a fine folding knife slicing this ribeye, but I feel that Jack will cut me some slack for using a proper knife for the task. Happy Birthday, Jack! Cheers, mate!!

aHqiRHG.jpg

p.s., Yes, the cutting board was my "plate", but sautéd asparagus was added after the pic (still cooking when I took the pic).

- Stuart
Oh man that looks good! Nothing beats a nice ribeye! I think we've got a Porterhouse ready for tonight.

We made the Costco run this morning, first time in public in 12 days. Most everyone had a mask and gloves on, including yours truly. Gas is 1.799 at the Costco pump. I'll take it.

Strange times indeed. Be safe folks!

Along for the ride today.
Zu3IYyb.jpg

Oops, adding a beverage. Cold, clear water with a Kerry Hampton Desk Knife.
mVZMvs0.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a knife idea:
Ad81ntz.jpg

miVIR3c.jpg
Kind of like my Rough Rider melon tester, Jer:
melon.pile.open.jpg

I'm not cutting down on beer, but I'd like to "stay the course" at a beer with dinner each night, rather than giving in to the temptation to have one at lunch as well, as long as I'm home and lunch (and beer) are so convenient! Some Leinie porter with supper tonight (old photo though):
pioneer.snovanporter.jpg

- GT

Kind of like my Rough Rider melon tester, Jer:
View attachment 1313108

I'm not cutting down on beer, but I'd like to "stay the course" at a beer with dinner each night, rather than giving in to the temptation to have one at lunch as well, as long as I'm home and lunch (and beer) are so convenient! Some Leinie porter with supper tonight (old photo though):
View attachment 1313111
- GT

Looks more like dessert to me...or maybe over pancakes for breakfasto_O

I was going to put this in the pocket carver thread, but I had my Gentleman Jack in the picture, so... it goes here.... along with my first attempt at a ball in cage whittling, and the Forum knife. I just finished with it, but still need to clean it up, and put a coat of oil on it.....

jkzJmZ.jpg

Back