Beware the Returned Knife Switcharoo Scam "Lite" Version !

Today received what I hoped would be a used in very good condition Cold Steel Bush Ranger .

Should have been a great bargain / savings but instead was only an annoying hassle .

The box was entirely correct and genuine , but the knife inside was NOT . It was a CS Bush Ranger Lite . An entirely different model . Much cheaper and sharing only the name and general outline .

Obviously , some slime ball customer had pulled a switch . Taken the real deal original box and put the cheaper knife in for return . I was just the downstream , "collateral damage" in the scam .

I guess this is a popular scam these days , but normally involves a counterfeit knife being returned .

The only defense as a consumer is to deal with a trusted seller that will accept returns with little trouble or expense .

I was pretty steamed and made an error in my note to seller on the return authorization . The knife in question was NOT a Bushman . It was a Bush Ranger folder .

Might not have been a scam. I'm not trying to defend anyone, but it could have been a simple mistake. Someone had both knives out comparing them and accidentally put them back in the wrong boxes. Next, we might see a post with someone "scoring" a premium knife after paying for a budget version.

Might not have been a scam. I'm not trying to defend anyone, but it could have been a simple mistake. Someone had both knives out comparing them and accidentally put them back in the wrong boxes. Next, we might see a post with someone "scoring" a premium knife after paying for a budget version.
OK , maybe ...I guess ? :confused:

Back