BF Busse #9 sheath

Guy

Got one of the new BF Busse Basics #9, but don't really understand the sheath--what's that big ol' clip there for??? Seems like a kydex belt loop would be better than all that nylon webbing and that huge honkin' clip.

Any thoughts or insights?

I'm starting to consider removing the upper clip portion and breaking off the lower clip that is attached to the sheath--or even sending it to someone and have them put a kydex belt loop on the top instead of the nylon webbing......

Guy

That huge "honkin" clip is for quick removal. In the military and/or under intense survival situations you may need to remove as much gear as possible as quickly as possible and that huge "honkin" clip is the way to go.

Plus if you use a Mil spec utility belt you may want to leave the clip attached to it. Then under normal circumstances use the loop already on the lower part. Then when your ready for heavy duty action just reattach the huge "honkin" clip.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

The Huge Honkin Clip can also be removed without breaking it by dissassembling the loop material on the lower portion, making it ready to hang from a belt.

The top portion is meant as an extender so that the knife is lower on your leg and can be reached easier.

The leg strap is self explanatory.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Thanks Mike and Spark! I see the possibilities now.............

Guess you liked my graphic description as "honkin'", huh mike!!!
wink.gif

Guy

Yup! Wait till you see the 14" "Honkin" Busse!

Just kidding!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Mike,

You are such a tease. I got my basic Black #9 last Friday. It looked as good as the one I saw at the Shot Show. It now resides on the side of my recon pack. I have retired my Kit Carson Big Hunter. I would like to see a 13"-16" Basic model.

A note on the scabbard. It is put together well with quality matericals. But is lacking in a lot of ways. I might perminantly attach it to the tractor and get a good design made to use. This has the potential to be part of the swamp rats kit.

Cheers,

ts

------------------
"Cet animal est tres mechant;quand on l'attaque il se defend."("This animal is very mischievous: when it is attacked it defends itself")

Back