• Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
Not wanting to offend anyone harboring very strict and eternal definitions of a Traditional Folder; I would like to gauge the interest in Modern Traditional from Maniago Italy. There are several exceptional makers there that I have worked with in the past and have ongoing projects. Although much like GEC from last year; we are now in July and anything I can offer will be a variant of an already scheduled run. But I don't foresee a custom etch being a problem.

Also, I don't foresee there being any problems on the factory side - but that is always a possibility. So, my offer is to do my best. Also, the price will be over $100; but I do expect that I could make it happen for less that $120. Finally, they will not produce a run of less than 300pcs - so that is a magic number in this equation.

So, let's just start at the very basic of details. The frame / blade combination that seem possible at this stage. The Barlow and Bolus are the only two that we could have a secondary vote for blade; so I left them one choice.

If there is an obvious winner I can talk to the corresponding factory and gather details for future polls (if needed). Otherwise, things will need to become a bit more official to move forward than just me taking notes.

Disclaimer: We are not deciding that this is the way we go here. Just gathering information so that I can offer an option. So please don't get aggravated if this is not the direction you wish to go.

Each person can cast 2 votes, but your first two choices stick. Poll closes in 3 days.

Mike, I just want to say thank you. I appreciate the hard work you are putting in, and the hard work every one else has put in in the past to get us these nice things. That being said, I kept mine simple. Single clip :D No surprise there :rolleyes:

Thank you for putting this together! I would want a single blade barlow with either a clip or sheepfoot. :)

Edit: The swayback is pretty awesome too!

Last edited:
This is very exciting news.
Thanks for stepping up, Mike.
Myself (and hopefully others) will/should refrain from the usual traditional/non-traditional arguments.
I think we should just be happy to get this train out of the station and rolling again. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Mike, for stepping up like this - it can be a seemingly thankless role that is rife with frustrations. That said, at this point in time, where everything seems uncertain, this is a breath of fresh air.

I've been very, very happy with my Italian made knives and I think they would make for a superb forum offering. I expect some rather titillating conversation in the near future...

For my part, one cannot go wrong with any of the choices but my vote goes to either the Swayback (an absolute favorite of mine) or the Sowbelly.

Thank you so much for even considering this, Mike! Not taking anything for granted, but just the prospect of a 2020 forum knife -- in stainless! -- has made my morning. :)

This thread needs some photos! ;)

I think I’ve got correct representations of four of the six options (photos borrowed from CK). Mike might have to help with examples of the swing guard and gunstock. (Also, Mike, if any of these are not correct for the options being voted on, let me know!) :thumbsup:

Barlow:

VJvJMaK.jpg

Swayback Wharncliffe:

VV69RBV.jpg

Sowbelly:

Pg9xLVU.jpg

Bolus:

6XNuVkd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back