BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Another pleasant surprise from a BF Annual.
The Viper Swayback is not likely a knife I would typically choose for myself, (especially as a hard use folder) but now that I have handled one for a bit, I've completely changed my mind. I've been selecting it almost daily to use on one thing or another (except food prep, I have dedicated knives for that). It feels strong, dependable, light and grippy. It pierces excellently and slices like very few others can. A robust and useful folder to be sure. Not only tough but IMO a looker as well. The flowing lines, the horn and even the etching come together making quite an attractive knife. Thank you Mike and Viper for a job well done! I would not have experienced this most excellent knife without you! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
63k0tei.jpg

aHyExCz.jpg

Talk about nature's variety, which would you keep? :confused:
Thankfully, I won't have to choose... those are two sides of the same fantastic knife. Not likely the way I would choose but once again completely surprising me by being just the way I want it. :)

Whiny child voice:
Waaaaaiiiiirzzz moooooyyynnn?
Whyyy iz the postmun soooo slowwwwa?

Drag indeed meako, but I'm assuring you mate, you won't be disappointed :cool:

Plus riding one of those Postie bikes, Honda 125 from America across the seas and ocean and through your house arrest covid regulations is no mean feat :D:thumbsup:

I just used mine to slice some tomato rounds for our sandwiches.
I couldn’t believe how well it performed.
Out of curiosity I pulled a similar sized very sharp folder with a clip point blade and ended going back to the Viper.
I guess “bellies” in small folders ( 3 inch blade and below) may be a bit overrated for slicing, don’t know.
All I know is that my BF knife will be slicing a lot more tomatoes for future sandwiches :)

PSA

I think the three variants on the horn handles—amboyna, micarta, and CF—are available at Mike's website for anyone interested. :cool::thumbsup:

Back