Photos BGFBM

It seems the BGFBMs are making their way to their respective homes around the planet. Mine landed today. What a beautifully crafted bit of gear this thing is! Very well balanced and the fusion handles are awesome. Can't wait to put this piggy to work!

tumblr_p1nj6l0q3i1siuc9oo1_1280.jpg

With it's slightly overweight naked cousin.

tumblr_p1nj6l0q3i1siuc9oo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p1nj6l0q3i1siuc9oo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p1nj6l0q3i1siuc9oo4_1280.jpg

As you can see, the humpty doos on the spine are slightly different from the older satin model.

tumblr_p1nj6l0q3i1siuc9oo3_1280.jpg

Damn that mic is looking awfully black! ... They usually don't seem to look so dark but I'm loving that batch! Should pick up a few "kmh" in the swing with the slim and trim sexy version. :D

looks almost like black denim micarta, has a rich black with grey/black mix in it. looks pretty sweet. waaay better than the old(er) school green tint black micarta

lol @ "the humpty doos" I think those are there so you can baton better in the recurved voids "I think"

Beauty! I got the same one... I think we need one of you cool videos--I'll live vicariously until I'm back home to collect mine!

Wondering if it just has some oil on it making it darker. One of my favorite things about black canvas is how much the color can change depending on how dry or wet/oily it is.

The black certainly is different from the older stuff. It is crispy fresh out of the box in those pics. Going to do a video of it soon with the other one.

It's noticeably lighter, for obvious reasons, but it still feels awesome and screams to be used hard.

Looking forward to your vid and thoughts! And have a great New Year!

Great pics!

I'm itching to break mine in, but haven't had much of a chance with temps in the teens and all these bogus work and family obligations lol. :)

Garth got mine razor sharp. Stropped it last night out of obsession with sharpening and it somehow got sharper. Can’t wait until Ohio temps rise above 15 F so I can try this thing out. Went with sage and maroon micarta and loving it. Although seining the black micarta in this batch makes me wonder if I should have tried black micarta. Guess they’re going to be around for a while so……

Back