1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big and small fresh out of the shop!!!

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Finished these two up today! The big Bowie is inspired by some of Jason Knight's work. It's a huge Bowie at 16.5in overall with an 11in blade. Weight is 23oz. I used green canvas Micarta for the scales and heavily sculpted them to fit my hand. Gonna be packing this one around myself for a bit since the weather is finally cooling off :) Currently the edge is rough filed to a convex shape. Someday I might be able to convex on the Bader but today was not that day :( As it's a user for me I won't mind a bit :D
    The smaller clip point is based off my Scrapper pattern but with a twist! It's my first tapered tang in probably 20 years!!!! With the drilled out and tapered tang, Diamond Wood scales, full flat bevels, weight comes in at 9oz!!!! Not bad for a 1/4in thick blade 5 1/4in long! Overall it is 9 5/8in long.
    DSCF7879.JPG DSCF7880.JPG DSCF7882.JPG DSCF7883.JPG

Pàdruig, d762nato, Mink and 3 others like this.
  2. shooter11b

shooter11b Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Wow Bill, that big one is amazing. Honestly, for me, one in 3/16" would be an unreal performer.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    3/16 would be amazingly fast in the hand. Wish I could get my pet 5160 in that thickness with the width I’d need for this design. Someday I might hunt down another steel to try with this shape. Right now though in 1/4 inch stock, it’s pretty lively for it’s size :D

shooter11b and protourist like this.
  4. protourist

protourist "Ratis necque navale enavigat" Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    The big one looks like it was made for me. I hope I get a chance to try it out. I have a feeling that you won't be able to pry it out of my paws if I do.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  5. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    FFG and a tapered tang? looks and sounds perfect.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  6. nutoknives

nutoknives

Mar 27, 2011
    All I can say is Dibbs awesome Bill u got my addy

Bill Siegle likes this.
  7. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Dibs can be called on the tapered tang clip point but the Bowie is staying put for a good while :) Shoot me a pm if interested:D

8. nutoknives

nutoknives

Mar 27, 2011
    Black kydex for sheathe wait you near Julio he gonna do the beast in some carbon fiber if not to much trouble ship there love your art thank you

Bill Siegle likes this.
  9. nutoknives

nutoknives

Mar 27, 2011
    Let me know when you can ship both send funds in am no rush thanks again

Bill Siegle likes this.
  10. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000