1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Big bad Mecha'chete

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Mecha, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Thanks very much for the nice comments. I've always thought that in use a big long blade is where ti alloy really stands out.

2. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Video or it didnt happen...
    For uhh.. science. Yea lets call it science.

In all seriousness that looks awesome. Im sure enemy ninjas er branches will quake in fear when you enter the woods
    A video of its performance would be greatly appreciated :)
    Awesome job!!!!

Mecha likes this.
  3. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    Ha! No vids with this one, but maybe with some others soon.

ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  4. BoozeFighter

BoozeFighter

Jul 6, 2015
    How well does the edge hold up on a titanium machete such as this one for wood chopping? Is it more likely to roll /deform or chip of it were to fail in some way?

I ask as someone who knows absolutely nothing about titanium in general let alone this kind of application.

Also, that thing does look absolutely badass, and has gotten me quite interested in titanium as a blade material.

5. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    Thanks BoozeFighter. A good ti alloy holds up great for wood chopping, and is more likely to roll than to chip out, but you have to give it a good whack for something like that to happen.

6. BoozeFighter

BoozeFighter

Jul 6, 2015

Thanks for replying, I am hoping to add a chopper/machete to my stable of cutting implements in the future, I will keep an eye on the Maker’s for sale area for one of your titanium creations when the time comes.

Mecha likes this.
  7. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    Roger that! The next ones that will be available are the Siberian Slashers. They're going to be very special I think, something that has been in the works for a while now, finally ready to bear fruit.