Big Chris Folder

Who else would like to see a Big Chris collaboration folder? Big Chris super steel with a frame lock?

I would really like to make a folder.
I have on hand most all the materials and hardware needed to put one together.
It will materialize eventually, I know it.

Hmm, that got my attention :)
Thinking about the possibilities...
folding mini-wolverine with sculpted G10 or micarta scales :)
That would be an iconic BC folder!
(please not a flipper).

Definitely won't be a flipper.
I'm not a fan of flippers myself.
My idea is for it to be a liner lock with sculpted scales.
Most likely with a 4" to 4.25" Blade.
These are the ideas in my head at least.

So far so good! A good liner lock is a good lock, and I prefer that to a frame lock any day. Easier to operate and you can make the scales from something other than Ti. The handles are a great feature of your knives and that should transfer to a folder. 4-4.25 is a very practical blade length, just as it is in a fixed blade. All of your steels are great and you make a wide range of great blade designs, all of which are top-notch cutters. All of that is why your interest in making a folder got my attention. I think I better start saving now, though :)

I haven't priced custom field grade folders in a while, but normally if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.
There are a lot of design considerations in a such a knife, and with a 4"+ blade there will be plenty of handle real estate to play with.
I agree that such a folder should have a handle with the contours and comfort of other Big Chris knives.

I am wanting the long blade mostly to have plenty of handle.
Thinking this over a little more I might start with a handle I want and design a blade that fits.
Probably still looking at around a 4" blade though.
You guys might just push me over the hump to build one in the near future.

:)
4" blade sounds great to me. I mostly carry a spyderco military unless I am in the office, and even then I prefer a paramil over a shorter blade. For chores, working around the house or farm, doing field work, etc, a 4" blade is noticeably more useful.
btw, I have been enjoying your pocket fighter - that is a very handy fixed blade. Hmmm.

Back