Big Foxy Folly for 12/27

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Ram Kumar and his friend Barna made this big size Foxy Folly.

Overall length --22 inch
Weight --27 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
Satisal wood handle
Leather sheath
Top quality work by Ram Kumar and his friend
This knife feels alive on my hand!
Add to your growing collection at $275. *SOLD*

fSBFzFp.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Email sent for Big Foxy Folly.

I held out as long as I could, which was about two minutes.

Got the Done Deal. :)

Last edited:
Comments on the GFF (Giant Foxy Folly).

This is a big, big knife. The blade is relatively thin by HI standards, about 1/4" thick at the spine. That might seem reasonably thick, but with the width of the blade, the wide and deep fullers, and the 22" overall length, that 1/4" thickness is stretched pretty thin. The balance point is about 5" in front of the bolster. It works out to about halfway between the tip and the butt, which puts it a long way from the hand. Consequently the knife feels front-heavy, even though at 27 oz it's pretty light for a 22" HI knife.

It's an extremely impressive blade. It wouldn't be my first choice as a chopper or a fighter, but if I wanted to scare the wits out of an intruder, this would be my go-to blade.

To put it another way, this knife is like a nicely shaped guillotine blade with a handle. It seems designed for lopping things off, execution style. A fine addition to a collection, but a very scary blade.

I have a similar Foxy and your description is spot on. I love it very much. It's very impressive.

Actually I take that back, I don't think mine is quite that long and the profile is a bit different. Wider toward the bolster but still thin.

Back