• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Big GEC sale and a couple others

GaiusJulius

Gold Member
All sold, thanks everyone!

Ok guys, time to sell off some knives. Starting a new business and cash is tight, and Uncle Sam wants his cut too, I'm sure you all have been there at some point, my loss is your gain.

I want to be as honest as possible when I represent these. Most of them are "like new," all are 100% functional, some of them have only been out of the tube a couple of times, but I am selling them ALL as "users." None have been abused in any way, but some have, as knives, naturally cut things. Some have been carried, some not. Some have a touch of patina or some pepper spots, or a hint of blade rub, or a sharpening scratch, or the backspring blade divot that's a hallmark of the 85s. I'm trying to price these fair, but if you think I'm way off on something don't hesitate to PM me, all I can say is no. All GECs include the original tube. Likewise, if you have any questions, ask and I'll be happy to answer.

First timestamped "I'll take it" in the thread gets it. Follow up with a PM and I'll send you my address for PayPal (Goods and services.)

So, to the knives:

SPF 9. #47 Viper, Northfield, red linen micarta. SFO. Incredibly satisfying snap on this one. Carried a bit. These came with no etch. $125 TYD > Now $120 TYD

------------------

SPF 3. Schatt & Morgan Whittler in MOP. To my mind this has got to be one of the most elegant knives made. Fluted & pinched bolsters, true Whittler split backspring construction. 420HC stainless. Like new. $80 TYD > Now $73 TYD

Withdrawn 5. #73 Tidioute Osage Orange Linerlock. Heavy pull but not a beartrap either. Superb work knife, like new. $110 TYD

Withdrawn 1. Camco TL-29 old school user. This one's been used so much the spear blade is more like a Zulu/sheepsfoot, but lots of life left. I believe the scales are composite. Good Camillus carbon steel. $18 to your door.

SPF 2. Cattaraugus Easy-open jackknife. Jigged bone. Crisp snap and nice condition. Carbon steel. $45 TYD

SPF 4. #09 Esquire Tidioute, in black buffalo horn. Lovely pull and w&t for a single-backspring dress knife. Nice condition, has been sharpened I believe. $90 TYD

SPF 6. #73 Northfield in brown box (? I think I'm remembering the name correctly) jigged bone, non linerlock. Like new. $110 TYD

SPF 7. #53 Cuban Pen Northfield in gorgeous Cocobolo. Like new. $105 TYD

SPF 8. #62 Maverick stockman pattern in kingwood. Like new. $105 TYD

SPF 10. #47 Viper, Northfield, in really well-matched Natural Stag. Carried some with a definite patina. $135 TYD

SPF 11. GEC #15 Tortoiseshell acrylic, in that great 440c stainless that they use. Like new. $125 TYD

SPF 12. #15 T.C. Barlow single blade Spey "New Day" in peachseed jigged bone. This knife is sweet and surprisingly functional, I carry one of these everyday, don't need two. Nice condition but has been carried some by original owner, "New Day" etching faint, some peppering on the blade. $135 TYD

SPF 13. #92 Talon, Tidioute in lava Kirinite. This has great walk & talk, and carries very small for a "big" jackknife. Like new. $110 TYD

SPF 14. #66 Slim, garnet jigged bone, this particular jigging is jewel-like, but that applies to most GEC. Few scratches here and there, has been carried I think but not enough to form a patina. $95 TYD

Withdrawn 15. #85 Northfield lantern Jack in well matched burnt stag. Carried a bit by original owner, etching faint, some pepper spots, I won't be sad if this one does not sell, beautiful knife. $175 TYD

SPF 16. #38 Grinling Whittler in Northfield burnt stag. One of GECs all-time greats. The stag is well-matched in terms of thickness and fills the hand well. Silky smooth pull on the main blade and this knife feels like a Swiss watch when you open and close it. Almost new condition. $180 TYD

More pics to follow in subsequent posts.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

73 Osage Orange

73 Northfield Brown Jigged Bone

All GECs and the Queen, blades open, mark and pile sides.

Northfield 85 Burnt Stag

Northfield #38 Grinling Whittler Burnt Stag

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Northfield #47 Viper Natural Stag

#62 Maverick stockman

#53 Northfield Cuban Pen in Cocobolo

#47 Red Linen Micarta Viper