1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

BigBiscuit

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by neal70, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    May you always have the biggest biscuits Bob :) :thumbsup:

2. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    Bob,
    Though our interactions were few I know this place wouldnt be the great place it is without the warmth and friendship you have shown to the countless strangers that stumbled up on the porch and found you here to offer a chair.

Godspeed Bob.
    Clay

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    paulhilborn and neal70 like this.
  3. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    It's with a heavy heart that I'm going to miss a face I've never seen, a voice I've never heard, and a hand that I've never shook. Although I've only recently had the pleasure of dealing with you Bob, your presence around here has always made the porch a special place. My thoughts are with you, now and forever. Lance

4. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Still and will keep on praying for you and that family, Bob.

A good dude interrupted by a terrible disease.

5. rswanson

rswanson Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Although I've only just posted on the porch for the first time recently I've admired the spirit of this place for much longer than that. Bob, it seems to me that you epitomize this very warm corner of the internet. You and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

Vaporstang, paulhilborn and neal70 like this.
  6. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    I've also never met Bob in person, but had the privilege to know him on the forum, and the honor to have done a few projects for him. As others have said, Bob's cheerful spirit and generosity are things that make "The Porch" the great place that it is. All that he is dealing with, and you would never know, because his awesome personality and cheerfulness are all you see on the forum. We can all take a lesson from Bob, who is even still now fighting the good fight, in spite of everything.

Bob, it may sound silly, but you have made the world a better place in your own way. Maybe just a kind word for someone having a crappy day, or helping someone to get a grail knife. Those may be small things, but to others, they may be huge. We need a little more of that these days.

Whatever the future holds for you, Bob, may the road rise up to meet you, and your EDC always be sharp, my friend!

7. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Bob,

I have had the pleasure of reading your words, pondering your insight, doing a little horse trading and smiling everytime I see your avatar. I may be just one man, but know you have had the same affect on countless others.

Peace be with you and your family.

8. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Hey Buddy I just want to say you have always been a great friend and I love you pal. You are one of those special guys that every one that knows you are better for it. Be easy Bob .

9. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    This is a well spoken representation of my thoughts. Bob, I'll pray for you and your family, and hope that whenever the day comes you are at peace and pain free.

10. JITDC

JITDC Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Bob thank you for all of the kindness and generosity you have bestowed on me and others in this forum. Your presence and contributions here have had a positive impact beyond the computer screen into many of our personal lives. As may others have stated before me, that little smiling avatar and the great human being behind it will be missed.

11. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Bob,
    We'll all meet again in that clearing at the end of the trail. Travel light and safe on your journey, my friend. Vaya con Dios--

12. *Magic*

*Magic*

May 27, 2014
    God bless you! My prayers are with you and your family!

13. neal70

neal70

Jun 3, 2015
    I would like to add that it was far, far, from my place to start a thread like this. After reading Bob’s post in the for sale section, it was all I could think to do. These thing should be spoken while they can be heard. I’ve learned that the hard way too, too many times over the years. To anyone whose toes I may have stepped on I apologize. For those who feel it’s not my place, you are right. I can’t hardly see the screen right now, so I’ll stop-but please, please leave some words for Bob, that is all that matters.
    Thanks, Neal

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Duckdog, MJ71, Ratbert and 5 others like this.
  14. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    This forum is a special place because of input from Bob. Prayers

15. galvanic1882

galvanic1882

Sep 13, 2007
    Always a wonderful man to deal with and more, my prayers are with you, Mike

16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    For me, I said pretty much everything I had to say in my PM to you the other day Bob.

God bless Bob.

17. AFAustin

AFAustin Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Neal, you did a good thing in starting this thread. Bob has touched a lot of people here and now is the time to let him know that.

Andrew

MJ71, Ratbert, Vaporstang and 4 others like this.
  18. neal70

neal70

Jun 3, 2015
    Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it.
    Respectfully, Neal

paulhilborn likes this.
  19. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    We're lucky to have you here, Bob. You've been an inspiration to us all.
    God bless you and your family.

neal70, paulhilborn and Emspop like this.
  20. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    I see nothing wrong with your post. Bob is a friend to many here and a beloved member of our little community. It’s bittersweet to see these affectionate expressions here, but I think it’s a good thing. Think of it as an internet greeting card for our friend Bob.

Vaporstang and neal70 like this.