Bill & Rusty...

I saw a picture of the Pope lying in state this morning and suddenly my mind conjured up this mental image: Bill and Rusty are sitting side by side on folding chairs in a large, crowded reception area. Each has a clipboard on his lap; they’re grousing to each other about bureaucracy and long lines, while filling out the various forms that are required upon admission to the afterlife. Suddenly Pope John Paul II strides into the room, amidst excited gasps and whispers. Rusty stops writing, looks up from his clipboard and says, “Hey pal, the line starts back there.”

LOL

Pretty good.....I wish I had the fortune to have met them both in person but count myself lucky to have known them here.

Thanks for the chuckle

Steve

OK, time to adapt/recycle an old one.

Bill and Rusty are cutting it up. God pokes his head in and say, "Guys, can you do me a favor and keep it down a minute. It's not bothering me, but I have to figure out a way to break it to the Pope that the Catholics aren't the only ones up here."

Bill, Rusty, and the Pope are sitting in the Pearly Gates lounge, waiting to get into heaven. Bill and Rusty are knocking back Heinekens, and have quite a little string of bottles lined up. The Holy Father is really quiet, he just keeps looking around wide-eyed. After a while, he leans over to Bill and says "This is great! I can't believe angels just bring you cold beer while you wait to get into heaven." Bill replies, "Yeah, it's nice and all, but they're not half as much fun to chase as the Peppermill waitresses!"

I'm rather hoping passing West means you don't have to knock back Heinekens. You're already there. Peace and understanding.

Could me I'm not looking at it right. A friend of mine said we were created in the Heavenly Father's image. "Is there sex after death?" I asked.

"We were created in His image."

In Heaven, the waitresses at Peppermills allow themselves to be caught.

munk

That's a good point. If what Buddah taught about the elimination of desire being the true path to liberation, and Jesus saying "not my will but thine" once you get "there" you are so tuned to the universal will that you don't have any cravings for anything. So rather than being "rewarded" by allowing you to indulge in the things you enjoyed in life you no longer crave them.

Then in Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda says that you are reincarnated as long as you have those desires, until you either renounce them or satisfy them, and that there are even levels of the afterlife where some people who are very good, but have never rose above cause and effect experience rewards for their meritorious actions while those who have freed themselves totally merge with God.

Reminds me of this old episode of Twilight Zone. This guy finds himself in this room where these people are showing boring home movies. It's driving him crazy. Finally this guy comes up to him and tells him he's the devil and this is hell and he has to spend eternity viewing these movies. Then the Devil says "Heaven's exactly the same, but up there the people enjoy these movies" ;)

Ok you guys...those were some chucklers...

I especially like the one from Danny in Japan....Spectre's one from my earlier thread was poignant too...

Make you laugh and cry at the same time....

SHane

Is this a great Forum or what?

With love, reverence and no feelings of shame, we can cry for our departed friends and with just as much love and reverence we can joke about them.

A cold Heinekens for B&R! AND for all the rest of the Cantina people!

Something I just wanted to say...

The thread rather reminds me of the death of my grandfather, cancer a few years back. At one point as he was dieing and unconcious all the men (and boys) of the family were sitting around his bed whilst the ladies talked downstairs and made tea. At first it was quiet, then one of my older brothers said something and within a few minutes a quiet conversation was going. By the time the ladies returned to the room the conversation was in full swing, we were joking about experiences with teachers, my father about his school days and things Grandpa had told him and there in the middle of all this was the man himself.

One of those special moments of my life, and I honestly believe that in the middle of this thread one way or another (be it in a metaphysical sense or in our thoughts) are Uncle Bill and Rusty laughing along.

Back