Billhooks

GN9

Can you guys do a good utility bill hook ? A very common sight on the subcontinent but never made to a high standard. Will be a great addition and would be happy to add to the order bisnu is currently processing for me.

Gautam

Can you guys do a good utility bill hook ? A very common sight on the subcontinent but never made to a high standard. Will be a great addition and would be happy to add to the order bisnu is currently processing for me.

Gautam

We've not made a billhook before but it's something we could certainly do. You're right that the subcontinent does have a great variety of billhook, from small pruning knives all the way up to long and fearsome Aruvals. Do you have an idea of what size or style of billhook you'd be interested in? A smaller finer blade like this could be interesting!
cache_2411822928.jpg

I would prefer a smaller bill hook as you have proposed. It’s beautiful. Where is this from? I also like the ones made by JB Billhooks at Olive mead forge.co.uk
But I like your one also, and wonder if it can be done in a nice acid wash blade. But I prefer you guys proposing a traditional and a modern variety, but not overly menacing and approx 10 inches blade plus minus.

It was posted on billhooks.co under indian billhooks. More info here
https://www.billhooks.co.uk/photos-and-other-images/asian-billhooks/indian-billhooks/
We could do that with an acid wash certainly. A modern variety would be cool too and the blades shown on olivemeadforge are a great example. Potentially of a more italian handle style with a stacked leather handle and guard but with a beefier blade than this finer indian example. Would you be wanting both the modern and the traditional or to see an example of both then pick your preferred one?

Back