Bilton Review

Bilton soup looks delicious!
Recipe?
Thanks Yangdu!

I made the Bilton Soup the same way I make beef stew.
I cut up some onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and biltong (using my Bilton knife)
Put it all in a big pan with water and salt & pepper
I let mine cook all night on low so the potatoes fall apart and thicken the broth.

If you don't have Biltong any beef will do. It might actually taste better with plain beef rather than Biltong. Maybe some others will chime in with some other ways to elevate stew.

A bottle of dark beer, or better yet porter along with the water. The rest as above, or as you like to make it.
Tam (Tamela, my wife) uses this as one of her three stew types.

A bottle of dark beer, or better yet porter along with the water. The rest as above, or as you like to make it.
Tam (Tamela, my wife) uses this as one of her three stew types.
Good thinkin Dino. I like to put a beer in the pot instead of water or broth when I make a roast. It only makes since that it would be good in stew too. Pretty much same ingredients. THANKS GUYS!

HaHa! I was never much of a beer guy. I preferred them spirits that gets you into the deep trouble. I hear yuh though. Today is day 74. Taking it a day at a time. Thanks for thinking about me!

P.S. Can't wait for that Dhankute. Its a special one.

I don't recall requiring a review but I'm awfully glad you did. The stew looks really good.
Juries still out on the Biltong. Kind of like sushi to me, like it really should be cooked ya know?
Bawanna, I just wanted to say thanks again for the Bilton. It is really great for carving wood. I that is what I mostly used it for.

Here is a picture taken while working on a sheath for my brother's Pen knife.

This is what the sheath looked like when I was done. It is just bare wood since he wanted to put the finish on himself.

For my Bilton sheath I tied the belt loop to stay close to the sheath so it doesnt flap around and put a piece of cord to the belt loop so I can hang the sheath from my belt with a small carabineer. That's my favorite way to carry the Bilton. Kind of like a pukko. That is what it reminds me of. A pukko with a bent blade.

This Bilton is one of my sharpest knifes and I love it. Many thanks, my friend.

Last edited:
Back