1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Birch bark , saber grind

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Todor Hristov, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    One more of the non - rhombic puukkos. I started making these because I was out of 5mm thick elmax stock , but I realised that this design is very practical.

Steel - Elmax 60-61 HRC.
    OAL - 246 mm (~9.7")
    Blade - 121Х23.5Х3.8mm (~4.8x0.9x0.15") flat grind with micro secondary bevel
    Blade finish - p 800
    Handle - birch bark and bronze
    Leather sheath with wooden inlay

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]