1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bishwakarma Puja special offerings

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Bishwakarma Puja is coming in a week and I am offering those great Sword and Knives at great price.
    Win win deal!

32 inch 42 ounce Short Tibetan Sword by Kumar. Steel guard. Satisal wood chiruwa handle. Standard leather sheath. $345.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23.5 inch 22 ounce Wajaski Sword by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $185.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L to r

25 inch 64 ounce Magnum Ang Khola by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Leather sheath. Superb work by Kumar. Add to your AK collection at $375.

22 inch 49 ounce Ganga Ram by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Usual fine work by RK. Monster hunter rig at $325.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8.5 inch 10 ounce Suga Knife by Manoj. Satisal wood chiruwa handle. Leather sheath. $89. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L to r

10.5 inch 12 ounce Kumar Karda by Manoj. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $60.

8 3/4'' 8 ounce Mini Micro Bowie by Bhakta. Horn handle. Leather sheath. $75.

8.5 inch 6 ounce Ring Knife by Ram Kumar. Red Rhododendron wood handle. Leather sheath. $95.

[​IMG]

L to r
    12 inch 14 ounce Pen Knife by Krishna Kami. Horn handle. $75. *SOLD*

9 1/4inch 6 ounce Bilton by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. I am offering the Bilton and Kagag Katne letter opener at $65. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order any or all
    First come first served

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

3. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    HOLY MACARONI! Some rare big monster knives today. Good deals on everything. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the Kumar Karda! I'm sure this stuff will go fast.

4. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Love the Monsters! Must be getting close to Halloween?

5. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    EMS ....

9 1/4inch 6 ounce Bilton by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. I am offering the Bilton and Kagag Katne letter opener at $65.
    10.5 inch 12 ounce Kumar Karda by Manoj. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $60.

and lets be honest here.... we all know I'm buying the Bilton JUST to get that sweet tiny letter opener Kagag Katne right?......THAT'S the one I wanted....LOL

Side Note... does that Kumar Karda not remind anyone else of a Leuku knife from Finland area?.... been eyeing one of those for almost a year now.....

now.... someone save me from that Ganga Ram....please.....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  6. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    Got the DD

Cant edit on phone.... sorry for double post

7. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Its a little bitter sweet. I'm happy you took the temptation away but a little sad to see the Kumar Karda go. The looks also remind me of a heavyweight leuku but much thicker and wider. That is one of the reasons it appeals to me. I've never held one of these. Please let me know what you think of it when it arrives. Also, I think that Bilton might be a Gentleman Belt Knife. Usually the Bilton's are 3/4 tang and have a more narrow blade. This one is a wider bellied blade and has a rat tail peened tang like the GBK.

8. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    I think you may be right about the Bilton ... I just bought a gentleman's knife last week, and it looks almost identical .....not a concern though really, I bought it for the small one in the set lol...

I'll regift the duplicate gentleman's knife to a work friend who has developed an obsession with my Kuks...

I hate to feel like I took the Karda from ya.... they come up pretty often, but not REAL often... I like that length better than most I've seen which seem to be a couple inches longer if my memory serves.... I'll do my best to do a review of it when it gets in.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  9. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    [QUOTE=" I hate to feel like I took the Karda from ya.... they come up pretty often, but not REAL often... I like that length better than most I've seen which seem to be a couple inches longer if my memory serves.... I'll do my best to do a review of it when it gets in.[/QUOTE]
    No worries. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

10. uraninite

uraninite Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Is the grind on the Kardas more of a scandi grind or is it a normal convex grid?

11. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    not sure yet, should know by tomorrow.... looking at pics, I'd say its a convex without a secondary bevel ..... but I could be mistaken.... let ya know as soon as the mail runs.

Even if it is a full convex, it SHOULD be fairly simple to reprofile if you wanted to go true scandi with it.... I cant imagine it would require loosing much meat off that edge..... bout an hour slow and steady with a good stone.

12. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    They are convex edge. I dont know why one would put a bevel over convex. Arguably the convex edge is easier to sharpen and stronger as well because there is more thickness closer to the edge.

13. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    The only reason I could think of would be for carving. Personally, I think a flat bevel or even concave does a little better when trying to carefully carve wood. But I would usually do that job with a smaller knife than the Kumar Karda anyway.