BK-11 sheath too loose

I think that the factory sheath for my 11 is not secure enough. Feels too loose, and the blade is too easy to extract to the point where I don't feel comfortable rigging it upside down.

Any suggestions for tightening it up?

Some folks are putting a loop of elastic cord in a hole on sheath and looping it in the wire groove of the 11. Looks pretty secure!

I tied a knot that was just a hair larger than the hole on my 11, and pushed it through. Incredibly secure and easy to deploy, when grabbing the knife, with your thumb push the knot through the hole and pull.

Some folks are putting a loop of elastic cord in a hole on sheath and looping it in the wire groove of the 11. Looks pretty secure!

I have an 11 inbound and I am concerned about this........A close up pic of this fix might help, because I am confused...

Yea i have had this problem, especially after its stripped.....I have used paracord and shock cord, i prefer the shock cord but either works just fine and keeps them perfectly secure.

dsc00353ve.jpg

dsc00352vi.jpg

014evy.jpg

010jyy.jpg

Last edited:
The camo sheaths and OD 11s are awesome! Were those a special edition or something or did yall coat them like that yourselves?

I was thinking of smearing a little JB Weld inside the opening. The retaining strap looks cool. Never used that method before.

I agree. You won't lose a lot of money and you'll have a very secure blade. And you won't have a dull blade anymore.

I third this sentiment. I am ordering another one today for my BK14, since the BK11 is so snug. It was tight drawing it the first 10 or so times, but now, it's perfect!

Back