BK 24 Taco Sheath Pocket/Belt Clip

When I got my BK24 and Azwelke taco sheath I wanted to be able to carry it around in my pocket. I could not find an easy way to do this after searching the forum so I decided I would come up with something myself. After taking to the interweb I found http://www.knifekits.com/ where I picked up a few supplies.

For this mod I picked up a belt clip, a 0.1875" x 0.250" Chicago screw, and a 0.468" x 0.188" x 0.094" neoprene washer. I also needed a bit of duct tape and some rubber inner tube.
rhvZbPA.jpg

I attached the belt clip to the sheath using the Chicago screw placing the rubber washer between the sheath and the clip. The female end of the Chicago screw was too big for the belt clip hole, but the thickness of the sheath made it possible to secure the clip by threading the male end through the hole before screwing it into the female end. I used a bit of duct tape to prevent the clip from rotating and then covered up the duct tape with some bicycle inner tube for looks. I think it turned out quite well.
JIoJCK4.jpg

eItB7Rg.jpg

Now the knife can ride in my front pocket or back pocket and when I remove the knife, the sheath stays at the top of my pocket for easy re-sheathing.

That is a very sleek and clever mod. Mikey likey. And I have one of those clips and an abundance of inner tubes.....may copycat...

Back