BK2 as a gift - mods

So I ordered a BK2 for a friend's birthday and I want to modify it a bit. I'm thinking that I will at the very list electro-etch the logo and strip/sand the knife. I'm considering some acid etching as well.

What do you guys think? What would look nice for a gift?

I'd let the receiver do the personalizing

Great idea, and if they don't know how to, introduce them to it as a joint project. If not leave the coating on and buy some nice G10 or my preference is Tommy the who timber scales.

Whichever way you go its an awesome gift and I am sure they will love it.

Agree with the others.

Give the BK2 and maybe micarta or one of the new 'easter egg' scales but them decide on any mods.

So I ordered a BK2 for a friend's birthday and I want to modify it a bit. I'm thinking that I will at the very list electro-etch the logo and strip/sand the knife. I'm considering some acid etching as well.

What do you guys think? What would look nice for a gift?
I think you're on the right track. Maybe etch a memento (cut vinyl?) for the giftee. As for the rest, how good a friend is this? Do you think he/she has any desire to do some mods him/herself? Sounds like a very nice gift, at any rate.

This is his first fixed blade and he would never go to the trouble to mod it. He will bring it to me to sharpen it. I think the memento etching may be the way to go.

Would it at all be possible to hold off on giving the gift until the weather warms a bit? Give it to him on a camping trip, if not have a fire in yours or his yard and gift it then.

A fire always makes gifts better.

Would it at all be possible to hold off on giving the gift until the weather warms a bit? Give it to him on a camping trip, if not have a fire in yours or his yard and gift it then.

A fire always makes gifts better.

Coincidentally, we are going camping this Friday and that was my plan.

Back