BK29 in 50?

Where does it say how many are left on the Ka Bar site?

I'm debating getting the BK29 package. Not a fan of the long clip point though. Id rather get a BK 20 .
I wish they would make some more 20s

I believe Kabar's website has an active inventory so if you put more in your cart then what their website inventory has and try to checkout then you get a red banner stating how many are left to order. Kabar says this isn't accurate but I didn't see anymore BK20's for sale once the inventory on Kabar's website ran out. So take it for what it's worth, this method works on other websites that run active inventory maybe Kabar misrepresents what they have or pulls from that inventory for special orders or events I don't know but I think it is reasonably accurate if you're wanting to get one before they sell out. YMMV.

I put 1 BK29 package in my cart to check Shipping and Tax cost

Looks like Free ship and No tax....... Is that what you 29 owners got?

I honestly don't remember JD......I can't believe these are still available tho :confused:

* Edit- Yes there was free ground freight, I do remember that part

Last edited:
It is free shipping and no tax - one justification I used to convince myself to buy the BK20s when they were out.

No bro, you got the super secret special deal. ;)

Kabar has free shipping over $75 and Kabar as we all know is in NY so only NY residents have to pay sales tax.

I don't have a favorite, but I enjoy the discussion....and the BK4 is in the discussion for me so the BK20 deal wasn't even a question for me when they came out :D....2 HOF blades if ya ask me!

Do it! I love the 4. :)
Welp , what the heck. I done did it. I ordered a NIB BK4, Free ship, No tax, less than 60 bucks

I watched some use vids and figure the BK 4 is a versatile multi use Tool, to fiddle with, not to be competing with my 9 as a chopper

Less than 20 bucks more than a set of 40 dollar micarta scales and get a whole big knife.:D

Last edited:
Welp , what the heck. I done did it. I ordered a NIB BK4, Free ship, No tax, less than 60 bucks

I watched some use vids and figure the BK 4 is a versatile multi use Tool, to fiddle with, not to be competing with my 9 as a chopper

Less than 20 bucks more than a set of 40 dollar micarta scales and get a whole big knife.:D

Just got a bk4 for my wife, going to test it out today. Im very impressed with it already. A little jealous too!

I am among those that prefer the look of the 29, but I've got two 20's and with tight finances can't see adding something so similar. However if someone gets one and wants to trade, I'd be happy to.
If you still wanna trade, let me know

This can't be said enough. Buy as many bk29s as possible while you still can!

If you sell the snake charmer and bk5 you really are only paying 100 for the bk29 thats an AMAZING deal.

Just check out the used market on a bk20 you would probably be lucky to get one for 200 for just the single blade not the package deal.

Even in the future if you get short on cash you can sell a set and more than make your money back. It's a no-brainer.

Now I'm not saying buy them to flip them later down the road and I'm not going to think ill of anyone selling one 6 months from now at high price. I very well know the money comes and goes sometimes and blades have to be sold. All I'm saying is buy a user, buy one to mod, and buy as many backups as you can afford.

Lets look at numbers on the bk1 brute and bk6 patrol machete. They easily grab around $200 each if you can find one. There are probably 1000s of each of those made. The bk20 around 450. bk29 around 350.

I don't care how long these take to sell out. The second they are all gone tons of people are going to come out of nowhere and be pissed they missed the deal and they will be pissed at the after market prices. Thats what happened with the bk20s

OK rant over.
Add another $70 each order for a swabbie and zk death dagger!

I don't post here very often, but decided to login and see what's going on. This knife caught my eye and before I knew it my credit card information was somehow entered into KaBar's website and the submit button was clicked. The knife should arrive next week.
I have to say the package deal won me over. The price is a bit steep for just one knife, but I've been really wanting something the size of the BK5 too so I couldn't resist.

Just don't tell the wife, she will hopefully just assume its the BK9 I've owned for years :D

Just don't go all crazy and bring home a box of spyderco's if she's used to your Becker's. You gotta be smart about it.

Just don't go all crazy and bring home a box of spyderco's if she's used to your Becker's. You gotta be smart about it.

Yep, your spot on FAL'ER. Fortunately KA-BAR has a huge line up and no matter what knife you get they come in the same box. Now if she ever decides to do a box count Well!!!!!

I am among those that prefer the look of the 29, but I've got two 20's and with tight finances can't see adding something so similar. However if someone gets one and wants to trade, I'd be happy to.

DunkEm Did ya ever get a 29? If not I'll ship you mine. Give it a test run against a 20. If you like it ship me one of your 20s. If not just ship back the 29.
If you do a head to head we gotta have pics!!!

If you still wanna trade, let me know

Thanks for the offer, but I've already made the trade.

DunkEm Did ya ever get a 29? If not I'll ship you mine. Give it a test run against a 20. If you like it ship me one of your 20s. If not just ship back the 29.
If you do a head to head we gotta have pics!!!

I did get it. Not sure when I'll get dirt time again, but when I do, I'll be sure and document it.

It arrived. Suddenly my KA-BAR/Becker collection has doubled in size.

Each knife has different penetration into the log, so don't use this image to compare the overall size of each knife.
uc

A few quick thoughts on each knife.

Snoody Snake Charmer
- Not as polished as I would have liked.
- Sharp enough, but not stupid sharp like I would have expected
- The sheath is a bit unusual, but I like it.
- Seems good for light use, but like any bare metal neck knife it wouldn't be comfortable for hard use or using it for a long period of time. Gloves would definitely help though.

BK5
- Everyone seems to describe it as small or light in the hands. My first thought was that it is a big knife. Just not as heavy as the bk9.
- Seems like a decent all arounder, I think it will be my standard hiking knife. Lighter than the BK9, but more capable than the standard KA-BAR. Can do a little bit of everything.
- The knife wiggles in the sheath, just like my BK9. :(
- Sheath design is slightly different than the one that came with my BK9. Features seem to be a bit better, but I honestly never cared for that type of sheath.
- Seems like it would be the best of the bunch for stabbing something if it ever came to that.

BK29
- Definitely larger than my BK9. The box seems like it could have fit a small sword.
- No wiggle while it's in the sheath!
- Not as thick as you would expect. The spine is beveled, and the whole rest of the blade has a slow bevel down to the final grind (Not sure of the terminology). So there is only a very thin part of the blade that is the full 1/4 inch thick, plus the handle
- Feels like it would be a good chopper, but not that much better than the BK9. I didn't feel like dirtying it up so I never got a chance to really compare the two though.
- I much prefer the way the clip is shaped compared to the BK9. The clip point on the BK9 is too sharp. Makes it better for stabbing I guess, but makes it worse for batoning. The BK29 has a much wider edge that won't chew up your batoning stick as much.
- Not as sharp as I would have liked.

Back