BK7 Inbound!

Thanks to Mistwalker's review, and CRKS's great price and shipping, after about 5 years of wanting one.. I'll be getting a BK7 soon. It shipped out today. I will report back when I get it!! I'm very excited.

I really like the KA-BAR Ethan Becker BK7 between it and the BK2 they are my favorite knives right now. They beg to be used or thats how I think of them.

Jake,

Thank you for buying your knife from us. Shipping from PA to TX, you should have your knife tomorrow (Friday) if not you can hijack the mail man on Saturday :D.

Please post some good action pictures!

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop
www.ridgeknifeshop.com

WOW! from PA to Big D in 2 days! wow! I LOVE this knife! It has so many capabilities. Camping/survival/combat is what this knife was made for! I Can't wait to get it outside. It has great balance and it fits in the hand in a way I can't describe. I was a little worried that it would be like my BK11 and BK2 in that upon removing it from the box, the sharpness of the blade wouldn't quite live up to my standards, but this knife has an out of the box sharpness that surpasses my standards by far! The blade length is perfect, and the balance is amazing. I cant say a bad thing about this knife.

However... the sheath could be better. I think it's better than the old camillus BK7 sheathes, but mine has a LOT of rattle with the knife in it. Thats really my only complaint. The sheath is just too wide. I do like the fact that my Leatherman Charge will fit in the accessory pocket, therefore taking another Item off my belt when I'm camping. (side note: does anyone know of another sheath that will fit the BK7 that may or may not have an accessory pocket?)

The little BK13 was a nice addition and it was also very sharp.

I will post pics soon.

Thanks Tom, and everyone else who wrote reviews or posted pics of their BK7s. I can't believe I waited so long to get this blade!

P.S.= Anyone who has both the KA BAR and Camillus BK7s, could you post a pic of the handles side by side? For some reason the handle seems to be skinnier than I remember on the Camillus BK7s that I used to sell. What do yall think?

Working on getting a sheath made from On/Scene Tactical. It was posted here a few months ago and carries the BK-7, and 13 in a piggy back kydex sheath.
I think that the Spec Ops survival sheaths will fit as well but have seen hit or miss posts on the availibility of them. Seems some people get them really fast while others wait for a month or more. I dont know, so I wont post inacurate facts.

Grats on your new blade. It's really one of my favorite camp knives.

Jake,

You can take the rattle out of the sheath by heating the Kydex insert with a hairdryer and putting a slight bend to it. This will snug it up when you sheath the knife.

Tom
www.ridgeknifeshop.com

Here you go guys.. sorry it took a while. Enjoy! (I sure am...) :)
IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Here you go guys.. sorry it took a while. Enjoy! (I sure am...) :)

Great score, Jake. Really nice knife -- now you'll have to do a review. I like the pictures, especially the comparison shots; they give a good sense of scale.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Next to beautiful women, Becker's may be my favorite things to look at nowadays. Sad, isn't it?

Thanks, Jake

lol. a bit sad... we need to see if we can rent the RAT cutlery girls to pose with Beckers. That'd be AWESOME!

One more for craps and giggles. Because Good knives deserve good guns. Or is it the other way around? :)

IMG_4222.jpg

Nothing like a little shake and bake H&K style to dress up that BK7! Nice Job :thumbup:

Tom

Back