Black coated Titanium blades

Hello friends

I can't seem to find much information on these. I interested in the history of them, models made, etc. General opnions on them.

I remember seeing one a few years back but was not sure if it was a custom job or a factory custom or standard production folder.

Any info is appreciated.

HC :)
ps (Spyderco was the folders that started it all for me...love them still after 14 years.....my first ,plain edge endura...still have it....still mint....)

Have any one have any information. I know they exist. The black coated blades, endura & delica

:(

I got a couple when Cutlery Shoppe was selling them out.
I think they did not sell well becasue of the additional $10 or so cost.
The coating is very dull finish. Mine aren't for using so, I could not comment on performance.
If you get a mutitool from SOG or Leatherman in black, it is an identical finish. Factory option - black blade...

JustChuck

What type of coating was it? Any "special" coating or your basic cosmetic black! Do you have any pics?

:)

Looks just like the various multitools with black finishes. Definately not paint... Not like a Cold Steel Recon with a black coated (painted) blade. The blades are "blackened"... I think with a titanium coating which I understood made them more duable and rust resistant. Many multitools are sold in black... the knives have them same finish as a Leatherman, SOG or Gerber with a blackened finish... not paint... some kind of vapor depositing like black "T" by Birdsong. Very, very dull finish.

I bought one of the black Police models just a few months ago. The coating also covered the edge, which meant I had to sharpen it off. It took quite a bit to sand that coating off, which leads me to believe it would stand up under use. Just a side note, the only place that there is no coating is the area of the blade that pivots in the handle, a rather small area compared to the rest of the knife.

Chris Mapp