Black OTF Scarab Knockoff Help

Hey everyone,
I recently purchase a Scarab clone which goes under several names including Titan/Thrasher/Thunder. I have been pretty satisfied with it especially with what I paid. The problem is the screw in glass breaker and pocket clip have been loose and yesterday the glass breaker fell off into a drain. This means I have no way to secure the pocket clip in. Is it possible to find replacement parts such as another pocket clip or glass breaker or should I try and glue the pocket clip on. Thanks again!

I imagine the response you'll get is, "what do you expect when you buy a knock off?"

And I have to agree, why not contact the seller and see what kind of support you get?

So, um, the knockoff is fine except only it broke? Hmm ...

Let’s see if we can find the right forum …
attachment.php

Since it is a junk knife, find the proper sized screw to replace the glass breaker. Glue won't hold your pocket clip.

I imagine the response you'll get is, "what do you expect when you buy a knock off?"

And I have to agree, why not contact the seller and see what kind of support you get?

That pretty much says it right there.

Well does anyone know if I can buy a replacment glassbreaker that screws into knives like these. Or can recommend a screw small enough to hold the pocket clip on.

Go to a hardware store and ask them to match a screw.
Bill

You mean this one...

DSCF5616.jpg

It's a metric thread. The best bet is to take it to your local hardware and find a small cap head bolt to fit it.

The screws are the same as MicroTech. Find a place to get the proper sized tool, such as PVK.

And you're also out of luck trying to find the knife. Everyone is out of stock. So far, I haven't heard back frome any companies as to when they will be back in stock.

Pull the trap off your drain and get the screw out.

There's step one, get the damn thing back:p
If you don't have any luck there I'd suggest asking the seller for some aid and simultaneously start looking for replacement screws at the hardware store and the like.
Good luck:thumbup:

Back