Black Titanium Carbonitride Military?!?!?!

feel free to correct me here, but i believe that that is an older model. some of them were made with the black blade. to the best of my knowledge, none of the newer models with the three screw clip have been coated. it's just older, thats all.

That's a relief. I saw the black clip and blade and my eyes bulged out. Now that you mentioned it, I see the two screws.
I thought I found a retailer that had the new black clipped Military in stock but they ran out. Anyone have sources for them at low prices? I'm looking for under $100 range. Yes I have seen them that low.

When the Military first came out there were to be 8 different versions in two different steels, ATS34 and CPM440v. Plain and serrated, satin finish, and black titanium carbonitrite finish. There were some ATS34 black ones produced but the CPM versions weren't done because of problems with the coating sticking to the steel. I had a couple (2) done with TiAln on CPM but I couldn't get anymore done. What you see is probably an old ATS34 knife.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
1-800-400-1980
("Have a knife day!")
wrightknife@ixpres.com

[This message has been edited by Dennis Wright (edited 02-24-2000).]

Yeah, that's definitely an older Military; black screws, notched choil and non-triangle-head clip. What I find interesting is that the specifications on the page list the blade steel as G-2. G-2 is another name for GIN-1 (Gingami 1). Spyderco has used GIN-1 before, so I wonder if this blade is really made of GIN-1.
confused.gif

I think its a mistake. To my knowledge, they didn't make any of these in G2. CPM440V and ATS34 only. BTW the retail on those knives at the time they were produced wasn't $149.95 it was $199.95 so he's selling it for basically wholesale based on the old price.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
1-800-400-1980
("Have a knife day!")
wrightknife@ixpres.com

Back