BlackJack Model 1-7....What's the WIDTH of the Blade?

Hey all,

I'm curious about something and would like someone to help me out here. A buddy told me to check into the BlackJack Model 1-7 because I am looking at larger knives. It is a great looking knife, but one thing that looked off to me was the blade looked a bit thin. I'm not talking about the thickness of the blade, but the width of it from top to bottom, just to clarify.
How does the Model 1-7 compare in thickness to something like the DUSTAR Model 1 ARAD? Is the ARAD blade wider than the BJ 1-7 or are they nearly the same? What about compared to the Randall 14? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture that I am seeing and I'm making a mistake.
Can you clarify for me please?

Thank you for your time and help.
Have a good week everyone.
Larry

Thickness is similar. The Du-Star is around 1 3/8 wide. The Blackjacks vary a little but they tend to be a tad wider than 1 3/16" but not 1 1/4". The Du-Star is a decent bit heavier, it is much closer to the Randall #14 in size, weight, etc....

Hey all,

I'm curious about something and would like someone to help me out here. A buddy told me to check into the BlackJack Model 1-7 because I am looking at larger knives. It is a great looking knife, but one thing that looked off to me was the blade looked a bit thin......
I like the 1-7 just the way it is although I sometimes would prefer just a bottom guard like the BJ 125. It was one of the first Blackjacks that I purchased. I also have a Randall M14 but know nothing about the Dustar.

Back